Save Longridge

/ #138

2014-08-12 18:47

We have heard one objection after another put forward by concerned residents of Longridge - to give a few examples: the already full-to-bursting schools and doctor's surgeries, the roads being too narrow to accomodate even more traffic, the thousands of extra gallons of sewage being impossible for the present system to cope with - All answered by the developers by their pledges to include more schools/surgeries/widening the roads/installing new water-treatment plants (only promises, thus far) BUT...and this is something that they CANNOT answer - All the extra cars driven by people visiting the various shops on Berry Lane will NOT park their cars in the car park, and walk a few hundred yards to get what they want! NO! They will park OUTSIDE the shop ..because it's easier. I myself already seem to have lost what was once a parking space outside my house, through people parking as near as they can to whatever shop or fast-food establishment they are briefly visiting. An empty space is near impossible to find when I come home from work. So what do I do? Where do I park MY car?!! And I LIVE HERE!!