Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!

/ #1152

2014-11-20 05:35

TLC, I don't where you land in your decision about the Duggars and I'm not sure this will hold much weight, but I wanted to speak up... you have always known their beliefs. They have never hidden them from you or the public.

This family quietly removed pictures and used legitimately earned money to support the causes they believe in. Much like other celebrities who use money earned making movies and TV shows to support their causes.

I also have a choice to watch programs or not. I am an intelligent woman with my own beliefs and can decide whether or not I agree with what I'm watching. People do not have to be fired if I don't agree. I'll simply change the channel. There are plenty of others who do agree and will watch. 

Also, it seems to me that "fear mongering" (n. the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue.) is coming from those that are upset. How are the Duggars arousing fear or alarm? Those who pointed out that their pics had been deleted from the page seem to have quite publicly aroused fear & alarm. (And I have to be honest and wonder why they were posting pics on a well documented fundamentally Christian family's page. Perhaps to get a rise out of them?) Do the Duggars really have that much power? Why are people so fearful of one program? I see and hear a lot of anti-Christian programming and writing and I don't like it, but I'm not fearful and it is not going to change my point of view!

Trust your viewers - they can make good decisions. If they don't, I assure you, the Duggars cannot be blamed because they deleted some photos.