Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!.

#1151 Re: Haters

2014-11-20 05:35

#70: - Haters 

...and the last time I looked, it was okay not to have the religious right trying to enact unconstitutional laws against gay people or women who have the constitutional right to abortion.  No one will likely sue you, but plenty would probably like to tell you YOU'RE wrong.  Wake up and get out of the dark ages. 

2014-11-20 05:35

TLC, I don't where you land in your decision about the Duggars and I'm not sure this will hold much weight, but I wanted to speak up... you have always known their beliefs. They have never hidden them from you or the public.

This family quietly removed pictures and used legitimately earned money to support the causes they believe in. Much like other celebrities who use money earned making movies and TV shows to support their causes.

I also have a choice to watch programs or not. I am an intelligent woman with my own beliefs and can decide whether or not I agree with what I'm watching. People do not have to be fired if I don't agree. I'll simply change the channel. There are plenty of others who do agree and will watch. 

Also, it seems to me that "fear mongering" (n. the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue.) is coming from those that are upset. How are the Duggars arousing fear or alarm? Those who pointed out that their pics had been deleted from the page seem to have quite publicly aroused fear & alarm. (And I have to be honest and wonder why they were posting pics on a well documented fundamentally Christian family's page. Perhaps to get a rise out of them?) Do the Duggars really have that much power? Why are people so fearful of one program? I see and hear a lot of anti-Christian programming and writing and I don't like it, but I'm not fearful and it is not going to change my point of view!

Trust your viewers - they can make good decisions. If they don't, I assure you, the Duggars cannot be blamed because they deleted some photos.

Judy T

2014-11-20 05:36

It amazes me that the groups that cry homophobia, racism and intolerance show the most hate, intolerance and spew more derogatory remarks than any Christian group I’ve heard. Why can’t you turn the channel, watch one of the many channels who promote your beliefs, and leave ours to us, Tolerance goes both ways, I won’t watch your shows and you won’t watch mine. I think thou does protest too much, perhaps your not as comfortable in your life style as you pretend.

2014-11-20 05:37

I support the Duggars. I too share theirbeliefs. God bless them. Keep them on.I will tell everyone to sign the petition.

Everyone has the right to have their own beliefs. The Duggars have a right to their religious beliefs and to act politically in line with their religious beliefs. They don't live a life style that I personally believe in, but I do enjoy the show. If I felt they were hate mongering I could turn it off. I see plenty of shows that shove sex, homosexuality and other things down the viewer throat and just as those who disagree with those beliefs should change the channel and not watch the show so too those who disagree with the Duggars don't have to watch.

if these people are so against this show then just switch channels and watch something else. No one is twisting their arm to watch it. Maybe they don't like the family values that this show is about. Must be they don't have any values themselves to fall back on. this show isn't about forcing their beliefs on anyone.

This is America. We have freedom of speech. One group doesn't have more freedom than the other. Just because someone doesn't believe the same as someone else doesn't give him the right to take away the other's right.

2014-11-20 05:38

A show with family values. And it's being attacked for??? Who is attacking all the shows on the air, that show violence, adultery, swearing, nudity, etc., etc?

Some people who claim straights are "haters" for not agreeing with a same sex life style, should re-think their thoughts. This show is being attacked, for being true to THEIR beliefs.

The attackers of the show, and Chick-fe-le, and the bakers who wont make a same sex cake, and the pastors who wont marry a same sex couple....are the ones being attacked by people who can not tolerate others, who don't share their views! Oh the irony!

I love their values and that they are so true to their high standards. These are the kind of people I want my children to know as role models. Sign with me.

Leave the Dugger's alone it is nice to see people w/ self respect, and morals. The liberals are always offended when God is mentioned. However, the want to call us judgemental,and unchristian when we stand up for our beliefs!!!!

2014-11-20 05:39

If they don't like it change the channel.

#1162 Re:

2014-11-20 05:40

#192: -  

Wow. Rant much?  Maybe you should listen to Jesus' teaching about loving your "enemies".  You might have a heart attack if you keep going like this.

2014-11-20 05:41

Freedom of speech is important. Regardless of how you feel about anything, you should not cancel a show based on the personal opinions of several cast member people.

2014-11-20 05:42

If TLC cancels this program my family and I will no longer watch anything on TLC.

2014-11-20 05:42

Please leave this show on.Its Godly and a clean show and I love it.

2014-11-20 05:45

Last I heard we still live in a free country. People are entitled to their own opinions.I am a Christian/Catholic person and while I may not appreciate the gay communities personal life choices I don't condemn or judge them. That's God's job! I know gays that are really good people and they are amazing and living normal lifestyles except for being gay. I love them for the person they are and the fact that they are still Gods children and aren't we supposed to love each other?!I enjoy TLC's 19 kids and counting and I'm learning from them all the time! They are as entitled to their opinions just as I am. There's absolutely no reason to cancel this amazing show!

2014-11-20 05:45

The Duggars are entitled to their opinion just as those who are raising a fuss do. They are the example we all should be, trusting in the Lord and are not afraid to let the world know they are Christians. Why should anyone want to cancel this show? Our children can watch them and we don't have to worry about profanity, nudity and just plain trash we see on a lot of tv shows. Are the folks wanting this show canceled afraid of what the Duggars have to say,are they afraid folks will agree with their outlook? Leave them alone and let those of us who like to watch it and if you don't CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

2014-11-20 05:46

All these ignorant people are saying the Duggar family has the right to use their fame to speak about their hatred towards other people are SUCH hypocrites. If someone was on TV bashing YOUR beliefs or YOUR sexuality you  wouldn't be okay with it. You all have so much hate in your heart and really need to find some love and also find a better hobby then to harass innocent people who have NOTHING to do with your life. IT'S PATHETIC AND NONE OF YOU KNOW HOW STUPID AND PATHETIC YOU LOOK.

2014-11-20 05:46

We love the Duggars, and we know that they are absolutely not about "hating" anyone. America needs to allow people to decide what is right for their own family and not punish them for their views. Christians are being forced to agree with things they are uncomfortible with, which is not fair. Just because aomeone disagrees with them, does not mean that they hate them. Gays need to stop forcing people to agree with what they want all the time. It is not at all about discrimination, but more about forcing their beliefs on people, when no one is doing that in return.

2014-11-20 05:47

Please help us fight the evil in this world trying to replace the shows that have dignity and grace that shows true family values!

I signed this petition, not because I am against gays, but because I believe in the right of every American to have their own opinions, beliefs, and the right to not be forced to accept things that fall outside of those opinions/beliefs. People who believe differently should not be punished unless they commit a crime. Freedom of religion and speech is not a crime.

This is a wonderful show and they are a wonderful family.

2014-11-20 05:48

Please keep it on

#1174 Re:

#14: -  

You are just proving how hateful the Duggar's actions are.  And this isn't about not watching the show or changing the channel.  The Duggars are trying to politically promote hate and discrimination, and that's why the petition to take them off the air is circulating. 

Maybe you should take off your white hood and remember the teachings of Jesus, which you supposed Christians always like to quote.  Here's a quote for you from Acts:

Acts 10:28

And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean."

Kdavis

#1175 Needs to stay

I've only seen a few episodes but it is ignorant, and childish to start a petition to cancel the show because they don't support gays or transgenders. Gay people complain about the abuse they get but 99.99% of the time that abuse is brought on themselves for doing stupid crap like that petition.