ATTENTION: MEETING WAS CANCELED BY MR.SPURGEON TOBYS BOSS.

/ #23

2014-11-26 17:11

At the pound I paid all license and fees and was told that was all I needed. Toby knocks on my door 2 weeks later demanding more money, fees and requirements. He spoke to me so rudely that my boyfriend who was sitting down in another room, felt the need to come to the door to defend me. Toby refused to speak to him. I asked to explain how he determines if a dog is a pit (because this dog was a mix and did have the typical characteristics) and he said I make that determination from what I see and I don't have to explain that to you! He was loud, rude, harassing and had a clear hatred of pitbulls. His agenda was clear. He wanted the pit dead and was pissed that I was able to save him from the pound. He did not give me any citations that day, only threats...yet a month later, I receive 5 citations written on that initial day that were not given to me, nor signed by me. These citations carry possible heavy fines and jail time all because I saved a Pitt at the pound. This is a kind, gentle, loving dog who was adopted out and now lives in Mansfield with a loving family with kids. He is not vicious, nor dangerous and to deem as such, simply because of his breed is wrong! Even though I am facing these citations written as an abuse of power, I smile because the dog won!