Reinstatement of Coach Brandon

/ #14 #14

2015-05-30 02:06

I agree with several of the comments posted, particularly number 11.  I think that the lessons Coach Brandon assists in providing go deeper with broader implications than D1 swimming.  It has been my experience that most successful people, by whatever means it is measured, have had someone or if lucky, a select group of individuals to prod them along, to push them into uncomfortable areas, whether physical or mental, to become something a little larger.  I doubt that most of us could claim we had the internal drive to achieve this on our own.  

Athletics to me, is one area that lets kids experience the dichotomy of emotions, the joy of success, the disappointments of failure, the frustrations and the patience, the drive that accompany the day in/day out grind to set yourself up for success all the time knowing it is not guaranteed.  We (and they) learn that the value of the process will resonate with us longer than these few years.  These are the lessons, which I think most parents want, for the kids to take away from their athletic experience.  

I firmly believe that Coach Brandon helped the coaching staff and we as parents provide these valuable lessons and given his personality (and age) is able to bond and connect with most of the swimmers to aid in its facilitation.  If Blue Tide does not rescind this decision and retain him, it is the loser from this apparently hasty decision.