Justice For Jacob

/ #370

2015-07-23 03:26

There is way to much violence in this City.  It is pretty bad when a kid cannot even ride a bike in their own neighborhood on a nice day during summer vacation.  How pathetic is that?  People should be entitled to live wherever they want not having to look over their shoulder, or fear that if they go out they may become the victim of a drive by, or otherwise.  A couple weeks prior to Jacobs death, on a weekend evening, my cousin's daughter and her boyfriend were coming back from getting ice cream.  They had to stop at the light on 6th and Ash.  Two teen males approached the car with guns, aimed the guns at their heads and told them to get out of the car and lay on the ground.  They took her phone.  My cousins daughter screamed.  Two women came out to see what was going on and the boys ran.  If it wasn't for that my cousin may have had to bury her daughter and her boyfriends family him.  How much of this stuff goes on that isn't publicized.  For all anyone knows Jacobs shooter could have been one of them.  I say try him as an adult and send a message to this community that this will not be tolerated any more!  If the system can't do that I believe that they will be making themselves part of the problem in this city. The life of a young man with a promising future was taken by someone who apparently didn't think Jacobs life was worth more than the cost of a bike.   That makes me ill!! Learning morals and values start at home, but I believe even if you're not taught those morals and values at 14 you sure do know right from wrong.  Let him pay the consequences for his actions!  RIP Jacob.  My thoughts, prayers and sympathy go out to Jacobs family.