Tower Arms Public House

Guy Incognito

/ #74 It's easy, just think....

2015-07-29 17:48

...wall the garden in sound proof fencing as a requirement, have strict garden closure times (<22:00), have the pub heavily focused at the food/gastropub market (think The Bell, Horndon), last orders 23:00, no loud music on the premesis, community discounts and off-peak parking permission from schools, removal of front beer tables for additional parking (look terrible anyway).  Why not an online/social media campaign (include Jamie Oliver who filmed there) called 'Come Run My Local' to try and entice a professional, innovative, food focused management team, potentially with a govt grant.  Niches could center on weekend lunches with a focus on game (historical hunting connections) and hearty fare for South Weald park visitors, can they actually source the deer culled in the local parks (I've seen them, they look delicious!) ??  This is the perfect building for someone looking to run a community integrated (think school fetes, South Weald Park Venison Sausage Stand, Christmas Church Mince Pie Dispensary), resource rich, high local market spend pub in an idilic setting.  It just needs 'careful' selection and management (oh and please, not another poser's palace) but there are literally hundereds of ambitious people looking for a spot like this.  

This building is an establishement to be cherished, we shouldn't ask 'what would I do without The Tower Arms' we should ask 'what would the community of South Weald be without The Tower Arms'.  Everyone in the area has a memory of this place, mine's a shandy, aged 6 (very naughty) in the beer garden bought from my father and distributed to me with a 'shhh' and a wink.  Let's ensure The Tower Arms is part of the community forever.

Jamie, if you're reading this, 'come 'elp a fella out would you geeza??' :-)