Reinstate Mr. Thomas Leahy

SheCra

/ #259

2015-11-06 17:11

It disturbs me to no end to see kids bullied for any reason. My kids have been bullied for their religion, their vegetarian diets, the fact that we are poor and they don't have what other kids have, by kids and teachers, alike. I have heard from co-workers that they would beat their children if they turned out gay. We live in a society where "if you aren't like me, then F- you!" People that put down others for their sexual preference...always hear me say, "as a gay woman, I resent that!" (I am not gay) or if they put down a black person, because of their color, they hear from me, "being married to a black man, I resent that." (I am not married.) It makes the person stop and see how ignorant they are. I have very strong feelings about treating people all the same way...and I know that there isn't a soul on this earth, that is qualified to be the ultimate judge of other people. It disturbs me that we have to make films like this...to wake people the "F" up. I have 6 kids and I am proud to say, they were not raised to hate another human being for color, religion, sexuality, disabilities, Nothing.