DRT Oshawa Stop the changes to the 401 Simcoe bus route

/ #85

2016-06-21 23:00

Because I am almost a senior citizen who relies totally on this Simcoe 401 bus route which I get near Simcoe and Erie to go downtown and get off at Erie when I return homeward. Now, will have to either walk past Wentworth or else walk up to First ave to get this bus. This will make it close to a mile for me to be able to get this bus. This does not take into consideration any weather issues and the Winter, when it will
be icy and slippery, and dangerous. It will mean having to leave a good extra 40 minutes earlier for any appointments I have to make. I cannot understand this move on the part of the DRT, this particular part of the route is well used by mothers with strollers and small children, the elderly, students and school kids. Just what happened to make this a fair and reasonable option? and what has to happen in order to get this stopped? We already pay more in Oshawa than in Toronto for what I consider to be a semi-annual bus service. This is positively outrageous and is another sign that the people in the south end of Oshawa do not count at all.