DRT Oshawa Stop the changes to the 401 Simcoe bus route

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition DRT Oshawa Stop the changes to the 401 Simcoe bus route.

2016-06-12 02:26

DRT does not do community polls or census to educate themselves on the demographics of each bus route prior to cutting services. This is poor business management.

2016-06-12 22:52

Too many people rely on this for transportation. I encourage the DRT to at the very least consider a compromise and have the bus go down simcoe towards the lake, and return on Ritson or vice versa. To cut off that entire area would cut off many people who rely on DRT.

2016-06-13 17:12

DRT already charges more per ride (cash fare) than TTC, yet they're going to make the system even more 'inconvenient' for its clientele. Cost efficiency is wise, but not at the 'expense' of service to clientele.

2016-06-13 17:30

This is a ridiculous idea, clearly done by people who do not take public transit. I have studied public transportation in university and this makes absolutely no sense and does not benefit anyone.

#80 401 Simcoe bus

2016-06-14 01:42

I live right in the middle of Simcoe south and Conant Street,taken these bus stops away is pure bogus.I also feel bad for the elderly.Think twice about that

Sam123

#81 401

2016-06-14 12:15

If DRT wants a grid system then it needs to keep the 401 on Simcoe all along. Maybe there should be another bus line serving Ritson but not to the detriment of the Simcoe bus. It's much easier to people to understand and there are more activities around Simcoe and bloor, than on Ritson and bloor. Also, as the lakeshore and the port is developed, there will be more people wanting to go South Simcoe.

2016-06-18 01:22

I thought the change was to make more direct routes.  this route is not direct you are making more round about tours.  The students at  the Catholic High School are a minor amount of users compared to the every day riders that use this service on Simcoe st.

2016-06-18 01:33

Obviously this is not a straigher route.  As I work in Toronto and only have one route one route home from the GO  station the 401C or the Bloor st bus at rush hour only am i expected to walk from Bloor St south to my locatio to get home at night?  As the distant from Ritson Rd. via Wolfe St. or Conant is equally as far!!  Try this in the winter months???   Im am 63 years old.

2016-06-19 23:57

please DRT do NOT do this...don't try to fix what is not broken. Leave the simcoe route the way it is. 

2016-06-21 23:00

Because I am almost a senior citizen who relies totally on this Simcoe 401 bus route which I get near Simcoe and Erie to go downtown and get off at Erie when I return homeward. Now, will have to either walk past Wentworth or else walk up to First ave to get this bus. This will make it close to a mile for me to be able to get this bus. This does not take into consideration any weather issues and the Winter, when it will
be icy and slippery, and dangerous. It will mean having to leave a good extra 40 minutes earlier for any appointments I have to make. I cannot understand this move on the part of the DRT, this particular part of the route is well used by mothers with strollers and small children, the elderly, students and school kids. Just what happened to make this a fair and reasonable option? and what has to happen in order to get this stopped? We already pay more in Oshawa than in Toronto for what I consider to be a semi-annual bus service. This is positively outrageous and is another sign that the people in the south end of Oshawa do not count at all.

2016-06-23 11:44

as a mom of four with a tight schedule, these changes will make my life harder. I will have to walk an extra 20 minutes with my four children just to catch the bus around wentworth st in Oshawa to go downtown. because I don't have a vehicle and use the transit system to go everywhere these changes will only negatively effect me. please keep the stops that are important..

2016-06-23 16:33

I don't drive, so I rely on Durham Transit to go grocery shopping. I am on ODSP a low fixed income and cannot afford to use taxi cabs.

2016-06-27 03:35

Limiting the 401 bus route would be a severe hardship to the many people who depend on our public transport for jobs, schools, shopping and day to day services. People who use the bus system do not have access to other means of transportation. Please do not take away this vital service!

2016-07-04 14:43

This is stupid stop changing all the bus routes and schedules its impossible to remember and now canceling this one bus is the dumbest thing u can do pretty sad on people are gonna stop taking the bus period and either get cars or car pool. The drt people have no right to cancel this bus just because ur staff are wanting more breaks or less hour..... If that's the case they shouldn't be working for dr,, being a bus driver means more hours and less breaks. I'm also being told that they are doing this to save money. Ok I'm pretty sure this is bogus. U must make a fortune off tickets and buss passes and then there presto and change fair. U don't have money issues ur being greed.. What about the people who can't walk that fa?? Like elderly or people who are going to the hospital with a broken leg but can't afford to pay for an ambulanc?? Or what about people who have college or school that closest bus stop is like a mile a way. It's ridiculous people already walk distances to get the bus stops the go to now getting rid of the conveint ones are redicoulous. I say leave the busses the way they are....

2016-07-10 23:29

My child takes this bus and so do many ppl on simcoe

2016-07-12 14:53

I am a business owner on the unsupported Simcoe Street South route. We relocated from Stevenson Rd N. and still have 15% of our clients that use the bus to get to our salon. With the cancellation of the bus i will lose that 15% of my business which is not acceptable unless they are willing to lower our property taxes to reflect the loss of service and earning potential.

2016-07-19 13:42

Because I would have to take that bus to go to school next year and it would be a pain in ass for old people to walk around to get to the bua stops in hot or cold weather

2016-07-21 21:14

Again DRT does not consider how their actions effect people with disabilities. Does compliance with the AODA mean nothing to them?

What ever happened to the requirement that they hold at least one "Public Forum on Accessible Transit" every year? I don't recall ever seeing one.

Maybe it is time that the Region should be forced to return all their Awards for dedication to accessibility!

2016-08-26 18:24

Because the Simcoe bus should go back the way it was

2016-08-26 22:00

I personally think the bus rout change is stupid as hell, I have a 8 week old baby that needs to get down town to his drs appointments at the cmha and glazer clinic.
Not only has this bus rout change has made it hard on us to get him to his appointments on time but the blond female bus driver on the 401 simco bus has us consered about not only our sons or our lives by the way she speeds off and hits the brakes but also for the older people who dosent have good balance but also for the disabled.

2016-08-28 04:36

This change made it difficult for my daughter traveling to Her college placement in July that should have been on the 401 route but with the changes it didn't go there.
When transit in Oshawa was the Oshaw transit it had routes that went into subdivisions not just around the main streets. In general the DRT routes are terrible