DRT Oshawa Stop the changes to the 401 Simcoe bus route

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition DRT Oshawa Stop the changes to the 401 Simcoe bus route.

2016-06-07 17:18

This is crazy I never thought they would change the route like that. I usually have to get the bus at the stone and cedar location and now they are getting a rid of it. How about making a new bus for a new route?

2016-06-07 18:08

Because I use these stops, so it directly affects me.

2016-06-07 18:11

I have to get to my volunteer placement before 8 am sun-fri

2016-06-07 18:16

I signed this because the DRT has been making nothing but greedy, corporate, shady moves.

Increasing Bus Fares meanwhile taking busses off the road? Sunday Schedules are the most horrible thing, as if people don't have anything to do on Sunday's...

There needs to be a competitor to remind these fools that this is a PUBLIC NEED, not a WANT. PUBLIC NEEDS ARE NOT A FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATION.
Roxanne Schmidt
The author of this petition

#30 Re:

2016-06-07 18:49

#26: -  

The cedar bus stops will still be there.  The section they will be taking out is on Simcoe street, between First ave and Wentworth st.  There will be no 401 Simcoe bus traveling north or south bound in that part of Simcoe. You are right with "making a new bus for a new route."  They need a bus for Ritson Rd. and leave our 401 Simcoe bus alone.

2016-06-07 20:07

I have a disability and this change really will mess up my freedom to shop and get to certain appointments as well as probably having to wait for another bus because it will be full of students even worse than now. Waiting 3 buses to get on one is hard enough without this change!!

2016-06-07 21:01

CAUSES MORE WALKING, I ALREADY TAKE 2 BUSES TO GET BACK AND FORTH TO WORK. 60 YEARS OLD AND LEGS AND KNEES DONT WORK AS GOOD AS THEY USED TO .
THANK YOU

2016-06-07 22:42

This is NOT right! I live on Whiting Ave(after Bloor but before Wentworth) me and my child always use the bus. I rely on this bus all year around! To walk all the way to first street will be a LONG walk for me and my child. Especially in the winter and rainy weather! Also if we walk to simceo and Ritson it's taking us the opposite way that we want to go. From wentworth to first there are 12 stops (all together on both sides) I can see taking some out but to take all of them from us is not right. Don't do this. A LOT of people use these stops.

2016-06-07 22:47

My family takes the bus all the time and live near Wentworth

2016-06-07 23:21

This will affect the high school young adults as they will now have to walk from GL Roberts to Oxford Street to catch a ride on the Park to get them to where they have to go. I always thought that public transportation was supposed to be about convenience for commuters. This will certainly take away that convenience for those south of Wentworth & Simcoe.

#36 Re:

2016-06-07 23:36

#9: -  

I agree bout keeping ritson bus the way it is and Simcoe as well but I 

#37 Re: Re:

2016-06-07 23:38

#30: Roxanne Schmidt - Re:  

They do.. but they are rearranging it  so it's not just you south enders there's lots of other people be grateful your not losing it all the same

2016-06-08 01:30

Bus routes are always changing. Get more busses instead of cancelling routes

#39 Re: Re:

2016-06-08 01:53

#2: Roxanne Schmidt - Re:  

First Avenue doesn't meet up with Wentworth Street. First Avenue spans from Simcoe Street to the west and Drew Street to the East. After Drew Street, First Avenue turns into McNaughton. However, Ritson Road South does meet up with Wentworth Street. I live at the corner of Simcoe and Wentworth and the change will be difficult for my daughter who depends on the Simcoe Street bus to get her to and from school as she goes to O'Neill C.V.I.

2016-06-08 02:18

I signed this because I disagree on these changes the Simcoe bus everyone depends on it goes everywhere and easy to get to Dr's . And everything else. It will be silly to change it. Aspecially with elderly and kids who can't walk far.

2016-06-08 05:00

Durham Transit has been so unreliable
Roxanne Schmidt
The author of this petition

#42 Re: Re: Re:

2016-06-08 05:35

#39: - Re: Re:  

Yes, thats right.  But im saying the bus stops on simcoe street between first and wentworth will no longer be available

2016-06-08 11:58

Because I dont want the bus route to change I use it all the time.

2016-06-08 12:05

I take the drt everyday to work.. ritson to king and king to oshawa center than I get on the park. So yea they shouldn't be changing or cutting out services. Alot of people are just getting use to other changes. Reason fares keep going up yet nothing changed you do not extend hours for all bus routes and run times during rush hour kind of sucks. Honestly your hurting the kids an the elderly. Are you going to make your broken hip grandmother walk 20 min to a stop.? Oh are you going to let your kids walk the same distance? Are you going to let her also go out in the snow to walk to see her doctor? I didn't think so. So reconsider
rob

2016-06-08 13:28

thank you for the information as i travel that route daily to my clinic for treatment,this will make the journey almost impossible,why do they always do the wrong thing,make a bus go down a deserted street at night in a dubious area,making it unsafe for the elderly and infirm.

2016-06-08 17:04

Because every change seems like the durham region transit wants more money for less work. Cutting buses off of routes, charging more money, drivers that are rude. Keep cutting down the run times so buses run less frequently. Why are we paying more money for less service.

2016-06-08 21:25

I take the simcoe bus to work and to visit my son in South end I like the fact the old route goes all the way to lake its convenient .

2016-06-08 21:55

Because this directly effects me and my family which has two small children. The change is outrageous and I would like to see it stopped before it even starts

2016-06-08 23:55

My hole family relays on this bus being on the route it is now my kids use it for school my wife uses it for work and I use it ever single time I need to go down town moving the route would be the stupidest thing the drt could do people are already outraged by the price hikes you don't need to be moving a bus route that's been the same for as long as I have been taking the bus and then some

2016-06-09 00:51

I've had enough of DRT "making life easy"