Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am

/ #5

2011-12-11 16:22

In my opinion, the rationale behind UTP Management of having curfew is to curb the problem of "gejala maksiat' according to the email I received from a top management from UTP.

Nevertheless, having curfew at the university level is not logical as:
1. Students are matured enough to choose between the action that are good or evil. Good student, no matter with curfew or not, will not break the law.

2. If the particular student has the intention of breaking the law, i.e. having maksiat late at night particularly after 1am, he or she will definitely have the way to do it. Consider the intelligence level University student has. 'Naughty' Student, no matter with curfew or not, will have all the ways to break the law.

3. I personally definitely do not agree with the 'gejala maksiat' happening in UTP and in fact it should be solved as soon as possible. But having curfew won't really solve the root of the problem. People say that the more you control a person, the more desire a person want to break the law.

Therefore, I would like to urge UTP Management to not to implement the curfew system, but to come out with other better strategy that will solve the root of the problem.