Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am.

Anonymous

2011-12-11 16:09

This must be ridiculous action from UTP MANAGEMENT !!!

2011-12-11 16:13

n/a

2011-12-11 16:15

More like a stupid rule

2011-12-11 16:22

Come on , we are no longer a kid or teenager...
We are now a mature university students who are able to make rationale thinking and own judgements on what is right or wrong.
We know to justify ourselves for every actions taken and its respective consequences as well.
Please act more considerate to us :)
thanks in advance !!!

2011-12-11 16:22

In my opinion, the rationale behind UTP Management of having curfew is to curb the problem of "gejala maksiat' according to the email I received from a top management from UTP.

Nevertheless, having curfew at the university level is not logical as:
1. Students are matured enough to choose between the action that are good or evil. Good student, no matter with curfew or not, will not break the law.

2. If the particular student has the intention of breaking the law, i.e. having maksiat late at night particularly after 1am, he or she will definitely have the way to do it. Consider the intelligence level University student has. 'Naughty' Student, no matter with curfew or not, will have all the ways to break the law.

3. I personally definitely do not agree with the 'gejala maksiat' happening in UTP and in fact it should be solved as soon as possible. But having curfew won't really solve the root of the problem. People say that the more you control a person, the more desire a person want to break the law.

Therefore, I would like to urge UTP Management to not to implement the curfew system, but to come out with other better strategy that will solve the root of the problem.

2011-12-11 16:24

NO CURFEW...

#7 Re:

2011-12-11 16:27

#5: -

support!

#8 KKL

2011-12-11 16:31

I think that the curfew system is not applicable to most of the students in UTP. It will cause a lot of inconvenient to the students. Perception from all of the students must be take into the consideration before the execution of the policy.

2011-12-11 16:32

Even with the current situation without the curfew, the security officers were not able to control the "gejala maksiat" situation, thus how can implementing a curfew solved the problem. Supposedly the security officer with the power given to them should be able to overcome these situation alone.

#10 Re:

2011-12-11 16:36

support to the max!! come on la UTP management, do not use the way you treat your 3 years old kid on university students like us. if we were to do gejala maksiat, we will not choose to do it in utp also... there are alot more suitable places outside utp. Didn't know an adult like you all are still not able to look at a "bigger picture" on how to solve the so-called "gejala maksiat problems". Quite disappointing to hear such things for a university student. Please do not compare with those local universities as they are IPTA and we are not! I can't imagine what are the responds from IPTS students such as UTAR if there is curfew in those universities? what a joke to all Malaysians! UTP is famous enough to have abortion cases in toilets, trees falling down because of hiburan and if you want UTP to be more famous, please come out with something BIGGER. Curfew is not enough! K thanks bye.

#11 Goofy

2011-12-11 16:40

University is the place for ADULT learning and integration into the adult world.Treating student like children (or animal in cages?) will do no good and incite protestation and/or rebellion. Although their behavior is sometimes out-of-control much of the time, these young adults will, in fact, conduct their lives as they wish to do so as they are matured to have cognitive. Try to think from another corner, students will conduct their own affairs, and if they wish to stay out all night or as late as they want, that is their prerogative. They should not have to be locked out and denied access to their paid room. That’s ludicrous! Besides UTP, students have so many options where to have their affairs. Besides, UTP isn’t the so called “parents” or “guardians” having the power to have parental discipline.If student are treated like children, they cannot and will not gain that oh-so crucial sense of independence and responsibility that they needed to survive in the real world.

2011-12-11 16:48

The Title of this petition is not clear. To disagree, or agree to the curfew?

BUt I believe most of us here who have signed, disagrees.

As for me, DISAGREE!

#13 eugene

2011-12-11 16:50

UTP = the substitution of pudu jail

#14 Iran

2011-12-11 16:52

NO CURFEW!!!!!

2011-12-11 16:53

Students, thank you for your comments. As the management of university, I will try to make a Win-win decision for students and the management. However, you all are just the minority group that disagree with this decision. I hope that you will understand the main reason why we implement this curfew in UTP. For the time being, the Curfew will be officially implemented on after the approval from management, estimated implementation day will be on 15 December. Please take note. Thank you.

#16 EGYPT GUY

2011-12-11 16:54

DISAGREE TO CURFEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What on earth are they thinking? we are matured enough. If we really want to do immoral activities, we can do it elsewhere. NO TO CURFEW!!!

#17 Re:

2011-12-11 16:56

#15: -

First of all, we do not even know if you are the real representative from UTP management. and how do you know if there is only minority group that disagree with this decision? have you carried out any survey? will only reply more if u can prove you are the real representative of UTP management.

PPR

#18 UTP Curfew after 1am.

2011-12-11 16:58

In my Oppinion Gejala Maksiat is not about the rules, u can see in other University there are still social cases although they have curfew. This shows that having curfew is not the solution. This also will make even more cases outside as now hotels, rest house will become the destination or not just sleep in the car until early morning. .

So utp management better think carefully

2011-12-11 17:02

I think the Gejala Maksiat is the problem among CATS and MONKEYS in RC. They are making love everyday and make noise at the hostel. UTP management must take immediate action to solve this ANIMAL GEJALA MAKSIAT.

#20 Re: UTP Curfew after 1am.

2011-12-11 17:03

#21 Jamie

2011-12-11 17:03

since Malaysia has the high social issues, why doesn't the UTP management as the MAJORITY one to propose whole Malaysia for this curfew thing, so that Malaysia has zero pergaulan bebas, including the management himself.
jj

2011-12-11 17:07

rilek guys. its only a suggestion i think. as a student, we have a right to talk but there is a way. dont just simply talk like a kids. show it in a right channel.
hope that the curfew thing will not be implement.
sinchan

2011-12-11 17:07

Can't imagine us living in UTP with curfew! Like hell no ! btw, heard dat we no longer can cook in our hostels! come on la, not all cafe's until morning. Most of us like to go out, lepak at mamak or McD, n for me , ur not curbing students n nurturing us to be a good student. But someone who really resents rules n regulations. Besides, what pak guard can do? Summon and summon and summon. You all only want to take money from us only. I'm not a kid who paid RM15K ++ tuition fees per year but my university life is limited ! If you really don't want to counter with problems like "maksiat in university" I guess u should let us stay outside perhaps. The management even want to call what, Pusat An-Nur *whatsoever not sure the name is* to gave some lectures on this problem and I'm sure they intend it for the Muslims. The university is a multi-racial and multi-national university, you should consider other people feelings too. Proper attire at cafe?? Don't burden other people problem on all of us ! This curfew will also cause problems for event meetings and study group. This need to be stop ! We want our freedom ! We are not monkeys living in a cage !

#24 Re:

2011-12-11 17:09

the root of the problem is "gejala maksiat".

the solution : just expell/fine them Rm500 them is just enough to make this pigs learn to control themselves. y involve other innocent people in this matter? just terminate them la.

also to those chinese girls, please respect others by wearing proper attire here in utp. y u always wear hotpants? want to be a slut huh?

respect the people around dumbshit! we have norms here! sorry for being racist but there is no way to talk nicely here.

dont tell me to be professional in expressing my thoughts. tell yourself to dress proper first bitch!

regards~

Anonymous

#25 SS

2011-12-11 17:09

Im not the real representative but at least we dare to voice out what we want as students (Freedom To Speak). This is not play play and plz take it seriously as it will be sent to the management for fighting our right. We have tried our best but, how about you..?