Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am

Quoted post

2011-12-11 16:22

In my opinion, the rationale behind UTP Management of having curfew is to curb the problem of "gejala maksiat' according to the email I received from a top management from UTP.

Nevertheless, having curfew at the university level is not logical as:
1. Students are matured enough to choose between the action that are good or evil. Good student, no matter with curfew or not, will not break the law.

2. If the particular student has the intention of breaking the law, i.e. having maksiat late at night particularly after 1am, he or she will definitely have the way to do it. Consider the intelligence level University student has. 'Naughty' Student, no matter with curfew or not, will have all the ways to break the law.

3. I personally definitely do not agree with the 'gejala maksiat' happening in UTP and in fact it should be solved as soon as possible. But having curfew won't really solve the root of the problem. People say that the more you control a person, the more desire a person want to break the law.

Therefore, I would like to urge UTP Management to not to implement the curfew system, but to come out with other better strategy that will solve the root of the problem.

Replies

#7 Re:

2011-12-11 16:27:06

#5: -

support!

#10 Re:

2011-12-11 16:36:33

support to the max!! come on la UTP management, do not use the way you treat your 3 years old kid on university students like us. if we were to do gejala maksiat, we will not choose to do it in utp also... there are alot more suitable places outside utp. Didn't know an adult like you all are still not able to look at a "bigger picture" on how to solve the so-called "gejala maksiat problems". Quite disappointing to hear such things for a university student. Please do not compare with those local universities as they are IPTA and we are not! I can't imagine what are the responds from IPTS students such as UTAR if there is curfew in those universities? what a joke to all Malaysians! UTP is famous enough to have abortion cases in toilets, trees falling down because of hiburan and if you want UTP to be more famous, please come out with something BIGGER. Curfew is not enough! K thanks bye.

#24 Re:

2011-12-11 17:09:04

the root of the problem is "gejala maksiat".

the solution : just expell/fine them Rm500 them is just enough to make this pigs learn to control themselves. y involve other innocent people in this matter? just terminate them la.

also to those chinese girls, please respect others by wearing proper attire here in utp. y u always wear hotpants? want to be a slut huh?

respect the people around dumbshit! we have norms here! sorry for being racist but there is no way to talk nicely here.

dont tell me to be professional in expressing my thoughts. tell yourself to dress proper first bitch!

regards~