Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am

Quoted post

2011-12-11 16:53

Students, thank you for your comments. As the management of university, I will try to make a Win-win decision for students and the management. However, you all are just the minority group that disagree with this decision. I hope that you will understand the main reason why we implement this curfew in UTP. For the time being, the Curfew will be officially implemented on after the approval from management, estimated implementation day will be on 15 December. Please take note. Thank you.

Replies

#17 Re:

2011-12-11 16:56:58

#15: -

First of all, we do not even know if you are the real representative from UTP management. and how do you know if there is only minority group that disagree with this decision? have you carried out any survey? will only reply more if u can prove you are the real representative of UTP management.

Javier

#26 Re:

2011-12-11 17:10:02

"I hope that you will understand the main reason why we implement this curfew in UTP."

We are looking forward to the explanations.

Actually, I am not sure how UTP students can know about this curfew that is going to be implemented. I don't see any official announcements from UTP management, or MPP.

So I'm very curious. It makes me suspect that UTP management has been withholding information, and the implementation of this curfew will be something sudden. I think the students deserve at least the right of knowing what UTP management intends to do. At least, the students should be well informed ahead of time, rather than through all this rumours and sensational Facebook status updates.

UTP student who only know this this morning

#59 Re:

2011-12-11 19:04:33

eeee... so about your curfew, you will only lock utp main gate, or lock every blok of hostel or put a barrier in every village?

however, i still think it is illogical to have curfew in utp after 1am. how about if the student reach utp at 2am from home, so he/she need call security to open the door for him/her, then closed it? or you all plan to let the student sleep on street? how about student who is tension about their studies/assignments in midnight, can't the come out from their hostel to get a breath of fresh air? how about student who feel hungry in midnight, utp cafe close early nowadays, can't they go mamak or you want them to suffer from gastric? how about student who need help in studies, so they need to go their seniors / batchmates room to learn? how about people who suddenly attacked by emergency diseases (such as heart attack, appendices) if any delay of treatment causing his/her death, will utp be responsible? how about people who have a call from family telling that emergencies happened and need to go back home at midnight? how about the international students who cant really adapt to the time zone of malaysia?

based on your "However, you all are just the minority group that disagree with this decision.". I think it just because of UTP student didn't know about it or you never tell it, you should have make a prior notice, implement it in trial and see the response OR you can ask the management to conduct a poll to see the student reactions towards this matters. Then, only truly implement this rule in UTP with adaptions. I think this will be the win-win situations.