Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #5715

2011-12-20 19:29

Modern education - breeder of demons.

“Modern Education – Making them Demons, That’s All.” Srila Prabhupada

Having myself studied in the West and coming across so many Indian origin children who are western educated. I totally agree with Srila Prabhupada.

I was very fortunate, I did not join the crowd, as I was given the Bhagavad-Gita at a young age and that’s what saved me from becoming a demon. I got modern western education and also the highest spiritual knowledge from the Bhagavad-Gita and utilized my education for self-realization and helping others, rather than engaging in a materialist and non-sense life.

The following are quotes from Srila Prabhupada.

Indeed, it seems that the more educated one becomes, the less he believes in God, in God’s law, in the next life, and in sinful and pious activities. Thus modern education is simply preparing men to become animals. If there is no education to teach a human being what he is and whether or not he is this body, he remains no better than an ass. (MG 3)

Unfortunately, human beings, although they have the bodies of men, are becoming less than animals in their behavior. This is the fault of modern education. Modern educators do not know the aim of human life. They are only concerned with how to develop the economic condition of their countries or of human society. (Cc. Adi 9.42)

By the modern education we have become so dull-headed, we cannot understand the simple truth that we have to change this body. (750702SB.Den)

The modern education, they think this body is everything. No. (730722Bg.Lon)

After changing this body, I will have to accept another body. This is the fact. But the modern education, they do not know it, neither they believe, even the practical example is there. (740418pc.Hyd)
Read more...

The purpose of education is to make man the highest of the mankind, but modern education is teaching lowest of the mankind. (661126Cc.NY)

So therefore the modern education system is to create dogs. He will never be happy unless he gets a good master. (731215SB.LA)

We accept one kind of body and struggle for existence, suffer so much, again we get another body, and new chapter of suffering begins. This knowledge is lacking in modern education. And they are very much proud of becoming advanced in knowledge. What is the advancement of knowledge? (750625SB.LA )

So-called modern educators claim that the purpose of education is to solve the problems of life. But in actuality they are teaching their students how to increase sense gratification more and more, thereby creating more and more paths to degradation. (JSD 4.2)

You become animal. That’s all. More or less, you become animal. The modern education is like that, preparing so many animals. (710724SB.NY)

This life is preparation for the next life. That they do not know. The modern education and its universities are completely in darkness about this simple knowledge. (PQPA 9)

Therefore the cow is also our mother. Just as we drink breast-milk from our mother, we drink milk from mother cow. You must not kill your mother; that is a great sin. Therefore meat-eating is prohibited. But people have become so sinful that they do not consider, when I was young this cow supplied her blood in the form of milk to feed me, to keep me alive. But now that I am grown up, I am so ungrateful that I am going to kill her and eat her flesh. This is the advancement of modern education: that people have learned how to kill their mother. (N98:TQE 7)

What is the problem of our lives? That we do not know. Modern education never gives enlightenment about the real problem of life. (SSR 5)