Petition for a Balanced Calendar in Cobb Schools

/ #52 Re: Re: Look at Tax Revenue in Sept and Feb

2012-01-12 18:20

#44: - Re: Look at Tax Revenue in Sept and Feb

LIKE!!! LIKE!!! LIKE!!! My son has ADHD and the balanced calendar is so much better for his learning style.  If it were up to me our children would attend school year round in smaller chunks and then get a break and then back to school again. Look at schools in other countries for gosh sakes....their children have been atttending school year round and their education FAR OUTWIEGHS Georgias'. I want my children to have breaks, vacations, etc...throughout the school year, but HOW they learn is much more important to me than having an entire 3 months off in the summer. Oh, and for those of us who work outside of the home....please quit using that as an excuse not to support the Balanced Calendar, we all know that Day Care Centers, Church Schools, and various other child-care programs work their openings around whatever calendar the District puts into place. Remember that's how these Day Care Centers and Child Care Programs stay in business. THEY WILL BE OPEN WHENEVER SCHOOL IS OUT ON A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!