Petition for a Balanced Calendar in Cobb Schools

/ #121 Re: Re: two people doesn't tell us much

2012-01-14 23:48

#114: Guest - Re: two people doesn't tell us much

For the general election they very likely won mostly because many Cobb residents vote Republican when they aren't sure about a candidate.  The candidates they ran against had more issues than simply supporting the balanced calendar.  I am willing to bet that if LE runs again, she will be re-elected.  Saddly, the school board is not one of the elections that has been closely watched by the majority of the public.  it should be though.  These elected officials have more of an effect on many of our day to day lives than all of the higher offices do.  They determine when our kids are in school, what our teachers are paid, our property taxes, how SPLOST dollars are spent, the types of schedules our kids have, the list goes on and on.  We all need to pay close attention to the school board for all elections and make sure we aren't just voting party line.

And you are correct, I have never paid a dime to any political party.  I support candidates, not a party.  I do donate money to support campaigns for candidates; but I'll never just donate straight to a party.