Save Nu107 FM's rock music-oriented programming format!!!

NU listener

/ #206 the day music die

2010-10-31 11:22

from Zack Luzero's facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=163842&id=756263564#!/notes/zach-lucero/the-day-the-music-died/10150091481299225

I heard a big, deep, voice, calling out my name. "zach...zach....zach". I could'nt see anything, everything was pitch black, save for those squigly little things floating in our eye balls, that only the individual could see. I observed it swimming from right to left, and as my eyes tried to follow it, it just moved even faster as if avoiding my gaze. "zach ....zach... the big voice insisted. Is this the voice of God? The voice was reverberating in what i could imagine was a small room, the voice felt close, and in your face. There was an urgency to it, and strangely enough, the voice had the smell of Pale Pilsen. As the voice continued to call out my name, i felt a hand, firmly clasp my shoulder and shake it. This cant be God I thought, why is he touching me? where the hell am i? am I in jail? man i hope not.. . "Zach....zach..gising na, two minutes na nagka gap, ano ba nangyari sayo?" My eyes flared open and quickly shut again, that split second of light caused my head to hurt. In that split second i felt familiarity gently patting my back telling me all is ok.. I saw the unmistakable bigote that only he could sport. I picked myself up from the booth floor, ignored the pain in my head and stared at Pontri. "Ey man..what happened?" Pontri said "hinimatay ka ata eh..ok ka lang?" I replied "Im fine.. thanks..sory ha, musta inuman nyo ng mga tech?..ok na ako..ill just shake it off" Sigh. That was a sunday afternoon in 1996 if im not mistaken? maybe early 97? Juggling your thesis, band, and exrta rackets can have its toll on ya. uh huh.Cliche yes, but time does really whizz by. That is but one of the many days that i see tumble down from the back shelf of my mind as i recall that trip i had with The Home of New Rock. Nu107.Ill just spill em out as i see em coming.

"There is a chain of command here zach, you cant just play songs from your cd collection...even if your on the grave yard shift, folow the playlist!!" Ron said. I was scared..my first reprimand from management...I thought it was ok to play The Spinanes at 3am, i mean who's up right? well my boss was. haha....

There was this guy who proposed in the morning show, how did that go again joey? He showed up at the station, and proposed to his girlfriend on air, his girfriend was listening on the radio on her way to work, we called her cell phone, and she said yes!! :)

The National Gegraphic Guy freaked Joey out one morning. He put a scorpion on his head right in front of us. ew. We also had this guest who introduced the Boteko method breathing or whatever, i thought that was a load of crap. entertaining though.

Myrene:" Home of New Rock nu107 ending that 40 minute rockathon was wolfgung..ah..eh geng..gung..gang!" insert comercial here. haha

Indira had this stalker who gave her candy and (a typewriter ba yun?!). anyway the jellybeans were just sitting on the couch for a bout three days now, when in comes wolf (Ron and Jaedee's kid). He spots the candy and says oh wow candy! he just ate it all. candy from a stalker. :) who saw that again? Diego? Myrene? :) your ok naman wolfie? Sino ginawa nito?!

Quark and Diego's "detachable penis" yeah! you guys had this caller. what's his name again? hed call in everyweek..true blue nu listener. had a wierd voice too. yanci ba yun?

Auctioning my underwear. somebody actualy bought it. 500 bucks.

Bonding moment with Francis in strata with everyone. the day you started you started smoking..

Back to Indira..there was one time you had one too many..you were doing Cartwheels in the hallway in strata..hahaha, it was an anniversary show in nu..i think Roxy was Hosting..

Katrina!! vacays at your place in batangas! sarap!!

I had to do the number 2 in the new nu office. Bad trip, there was no tabo! it was an emergency, so i grabbed the first thing that could hold water. it was a mug. after the deed, i walked out the washroom...and ran into Larry our accountant, he looked at me, "what are you doing with my mug?" i just stared wide eyed at him shocked and speechless clutching his mug in one hand and a roll of toilet paper in the other......and then he turned around and got so mad. wow. sobrang sorry lang ako ng sorry sakanya. begging, kneeling and all.."sorry larry..it was an emergency..walang tabo eh" that explanation dint help.. were good now.. got him a mug for Christmas :)

ah yes, the fly by night jocks..there for the moment and gone the next..i remember. Junior, Slomoe Joe, Grace...???

Bonita rose!!

Nu's letter! First story i read was Diego's U.s Trip

Apa going around the office with a plastic cup going "ptooey" into it..he left in the lobby once..i made the mistake of looking into it.. :)

Carlos Celdran's makeover of the lobby in nu strat. bagay kay melo the guard yung leopard print table..:)

Vince!!

Ey tabitha! remember when we went to my house and i spilled coke all over my pants? we were going to rockology or something.you couldnt stop laughing..

ah the shows! mondo's euro rock! Zimbabwe! zimbabwe!

Remember the day we became slightrock 107? hahaha. and we premiered a "movie" starring zach dela rocha.."anger is a gift" that day i remember buddy trinidad calling in talking to joey saying "what the f@#K is going on?! haha

summer shebang. alternativity...rockology..ahh the events..so many...

clubretro with jelly jean!...radio..not radio..cow..not a cow...

broty! nine inch neil!!! what was our morning show lighter side of life ulit music ?

dang cd's always skipping...

ah yes..acclaimed actress jenny jamora was a news caster for the morning show too..

iba ka glenn tulis...married with kid. hhaha

that audition in the afternoon with jay et all.. haha..sorry jay ..dint mean to give you guys a hard time..

how did dylan get in nu? by getting drunk in Mayric's and talking to much..i said..pwede to ah ...hahaha

andy banandy..taught me the word ngentut..hahaha

When i think of roxy i think of ed..and their food,...ah

joca the man!! that prod room stank of.....

what happened to sammy?

man i better stop..too many memories. Nu107 is more than a radio station. its a lifestyle, spanning over two decades affecting many. Nu107 is what it is because of the people behind it, the music it played, and the people it entertained. Kudos to all who made it last this long. :)