Opposition to ITV

Mohamed Adam - ITV

/ #67 Re: Saifullah

2012-07-27 17:20

#57: - Saifullah Wa-Alaikum Salaam.

Thank you for providing some specifics. Please answer the following questions:

a)    Do you have a TV?

b)    Which channels do you have?

c)    Did you see the program yourself or are you relying on heresay evidence?

d)   If your answer to the first question is Yes it also means that you Have DSTV as well to be able to see ITV.

e)   If you do not have a TV and DSTV then you cannot comment. Then your position is consistent with the principle you are taking that TV is Haraam.

f)  If you have seen ITV yourself then you will reaslise that the description which you have given is not accurate. Please do not attack people unless you have first seen the channel and not only one programme but a selection of programs.

g)  Besides the above points I wish to answer to your questions which you raise as follows:

1       You are correct that there should be no intermingling of male and female at an Islamic Function. I apologise for this.

2       There are cartoons on ITV. Have you seen the cartoons yourself. They do not depict Islam in a negative way. Remember I have told you that ITV is the lesser of two evils. If you do not like it please do not watch it. Some people take the view that all TV is haraam ( I cannot debate that. But if that is the case then simply stay away from it. But do not be hypocritical and have a TV in your home and watch all the other channels and then condemn ITV as being "Shaytaan TV"

3     There should be no music. I apologise for that. I do not manage the day to day running of ITV. I will discuss this with people who manage ITV and give you feedback when such is available.

4     In regard to the comments by the Jamiat. I would appreciate more details. The facts do not appear accurate. I know it is difficult for the Jamiat to provide details since they are relyin on heresay evidence not having seen ITV so being unable to make informed comment on the issue.

5     In regard to Muslims Got Talent I cannot comment about what happens on Facebook. Facebook is not part of ITV and I do not visit Facebook. ITV cannot be held reponsible for anything that happens on Facebook.

Shukran

Mohamed Adam