Citizens Opposed to the Toll Road

Golden Resident

/ #5 Bad for Golden, Bad for Colorado, Bad for America

2011-01-19 02:10

The city council is after money, not quality of life for the people of Golden. Look at the ugly to the east of downtown Golden, to the north along Hwy 93, it looks like a cheap trashy ski resort. Increasing traffic will only serve to magnify that look and spread it as they uncaringly and unresponsibly push the population of Golden to 50,000. Increased traffic and population will bring more crime, big city type, gang bangers, illegal aliens, traffic congestion whether there are more roads or not, and the other ills associated with high density population.

During the campaing, Smith claimed to be against development, for open government, against wasteful spending, everyone probably heard the same spiel as he brought to my door. We are not getting what he claimed to be representing, he appears to be very liberal, and irresponsible about keeping his word, which doesn't bode well for Golden or America, this proposed toll road would send more American dollars out of the country. Shouldn't I be able to expect politicians at all levels, from all Parties, to keep their promises made during campaigns, or else show the scars of the failed fight. I see no scars on the Golden mayor or city council, what I see are glazed smiles.

www.gothebetterway.com as listed in "@ Home in Golden, does not work.

www.gothebetterway.org is the correct address. It might make a difference in the number of petition signers.