Support Hungary!

A student

/ #143 A country without future

2012-12-15 10:42

I don't usually comment on things like this, but the whole petition, the direction where Hungary is going is ridiculous, and not in a good way.

I don't like politics. I'm a University student, studying to be a teacher and I would care little who's running the country as long as it doesn't threaten my future.

Sadly, it does threaten it. The direction we are going, taking away more and more money from the Universities, degrading education in general, it will completely destroy our Universities in the matter of a few years. Then what? Would I have to pay? Pay to become a teacher - a job which barely pays enough to get by? I want to stay here, because against all odds, I like my country, but as things look now, I'd have no other chance but go abroad.

Just think about it for a moment. You want your children, grandchildren and in general, your young relatives to become someone, preferably with a diploma, to learn at the Universities. Do you really want to take up a loan to do so? To have a debt when you can't even be sure that these young people will have a job when they finish the University? Because the way we're going, the way the politicians are pressing money out of our economy, they won't get a job. I say it's too much risk. It has gone too far.

And even if they get a job, any job, how long will they have to work? The age limit for pension is getting higher, and the money the pensioners get - hell, it's possible that they won't get anything by the time we get there.

I don't know what to do. The previous governments stole the people's money as well, but they were more subtle about it. The current one? It even shows it in our face that "Bitches, we steal your money, what can you do about it, eh?" I don't know which one's worse,but none of them is good.

And still, there are people who worship the government. Who believe the lies, that the EU is the one taking away the money, that they want to crush us for our independence. I can't see the independence. I see lies, greed and stupidity.

Open your eyes, people. At least once, try to actually see what's going on. It's a lot easier to believe what you're told, that's for sure, but if things go on the way they are now, we are marching into our doom.