Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

#22 Re: Re: Calendar

2011-02-19 04:26

#16: Eve Wall - Re: Calendar 

The reason people voted one or another is not at issue. The problem at hand is that the school board went completely against what the majority of stakeholders wanted in Cobb County. As taxpayers, we pay their salaries and we depend on them to represent us and support our wants/needs because we live in a country with a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY!! What happened last night at that board meeting was not at all democratic and it is completely unjust! I am a Cobb County teacher and since I am fortunate enough to have a job, I will be there to teach on whatever days I am told to be there. I am just not willing to sit back and let the board completely steam roll the majority of the people in the county. I am completely disgusted by this.

Replies

#23 Re: Re: Re: Calendar

2011-02-19 04:33:26

I agree with you totally. I just wonder what the true percentage is of the people who are actually in favor of the balanced calendar rather than doing what I did...and I know of many others who did.. vote this way to on order to be off the week before Christmas. I truly believe the percentages are skewed a bit.
Glad we have some new board members with integrity

#266 Re: Re: Re: Calendar

2011-02-22 03:56:52

#22: Guest - Re: Re: Calendar

Each of the board members who voted to go back to the traditional calendar (such that it is), were simply keeping the promises made during their campaigns.  And, what makes you think they get paid?  Isn't that a volunteer position?  A thankless one for sure.

Lynnda Crowder-Eagle was the only board member who insisted on the very unreliable survey.  The other board members had nothing to do with it, and can't be blamed for not taking it seriously when their constituents elected them based on the platform of a later start date.