Stop Home Affairs from Destroying South African Inbound Tourism

Quoted post

2014-07-14 14:09

Hi sincerely believe that many expats (like me) are being classified as NON desirable.....
I have kids going to school, been married to a SA for 16 years missed out on my visa and are now in a strange situation. My wife employs many staff members and if I have to leave this country for 5 years, the family will come along. We will leave the business behind which leave many many people stranded without jobs.....DOH should have a rethink.....on the remamifications

Replies

siggi

#6 Re: stop home affairs

2014-07-17 14:11:25

#1: -  

This is sooo true- a friend of mine was promised his permanent residence (after having applied 5 years ago) within

6 months after his child was born here (with his wife being SA citizen) - and he is still waiting now 2 1/2 year later!

He will have to uproot his family here and return to Germany- and to apply then over there- when his employment position has been filled by someone else in the meantime- is totally fruitless.  AGAIN this government has knee jerk reactions and WILL NOT listen to anyone asking them to be reasonable and allow argument before passing such a law!