Jackie's Wine Memorial Cross

Quoted post

Catherine Wine

2015-05-28 23:05

#13: -  

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Roadside crosses are very meaningful to families who are grieving. Maybe you don't understand that because of your opinion on them, but that is the exact spot my mother took her last breath. It is a respect thing to leave them alone, not to throw them in the garbage, how would you feel if you were in any of our shoes? I'm sure you would be upset as well. And in today's society, that's what people do they set up crosses. The Charleston Township Hall had no right to take it down when it isn't their property, the road commission said it's standard procedure to leave them up, unless it is a roadside hazard and in this case it was not. Either sign the petiton to help us to put it up, or don't express your opinion at all. 

Replies

#27 Re:

2015-05-29 00:45:39

#24: Catherine Wine -  

You are partly correct, I do not understand how meaningful the roadside cross is to the family but that's because I have not been in your shoes, not because I have "an opinion of them".  I think they are fine if well kept and the site doesn't end up looking like the clearance section of a toy store. From what I've read online your mom sounded like a wonderfully sweet lady and I am truly sorry for your loss - please don't take offense, I was only curious as I don't know what the guidelines are for such memorials and meant no disrespect. 

#49 Re:

2015-06-07 14:35:17

#24: Catherine Wine -  

There is no 2 week policy they made it up then they lied to news 3 and told them a cousin removed it! It was placed by a friend of our family on public property.  There is also no law against it unless it is a road hazard and it was a good 20 feet off the roadside where her body was thriwn feom the vehicle. If that were true they would have given us the cross and flowers not thrown it in the trash.  I don't know who you are and I don't care everyone is entitled to their opinion but in respect of our family keep it to yourself.  I'm Jackie's oldest child and my younger siblings and father do not deserve to hear comments like this they are suffering enough right now! Please keep unkind comments and opinions to yourself because karma is a bitch and it does come around.  I pray that you and your family never have to suffer a tragic event like this, but if you have or do you will understand why we are so upset!

Brandy (Wine) Abrams