Jackie's Wine Memorial Cross

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Jackie's Wine Memorial Cross.

2015-05-28 03:52

It's just morally wrong for someone's cross to be removed in general. More so when it's not yours to remove. And to throw it in the trash is complete and utter disrespect. I pray that this cross gets its rightful place back in the ground at the scene of the accident. Help this family!!

2015-05-28 04:16

I feel the township was disrespectful to the Wine family.

#3 Re:

2015-05-28 04:49

#2: -  

The Township should be Ashamed of what they did to the Wine Family It was Morally wrong to Discredit a Family in there time of Greaving of the loss of a Loved One So Soon After It happened.I feel that The Township Should Place A New Cross Back In Place Where They Took The Ome Down And Put Flowers Back Up At There Own Experience. Its only fair.

2015-05-28 05:09

Every deserves their memorial sight, they shouldn't tear it down, that's messed up. I don't know her personally but I know that's not right

2015-05-28 05:22

I feel that every spot that fatally takes a life should be recognized as a reminder that a loved one may not be layed to rest here but there last thoughts and breathes were taken there and it means the world to most people to see that cross or flowers being there to think of there loved ones

2015-05-28 05:27

I feel it was wrong to take down the memorial, let alone not talking with the family first. It's not right.
Lyndsay Foote

2015-05-28 07:16

Seriously people HAVE A HEART! This is beyond ridiculous that someone would even think to do such a thing as THROW AWAY a memorial cross after their mother,wife,aunt,sister,daughter has passed not so long ago! She was an amazing soul and once this is all said and done I hope we can set up the most amazing memorial for Jackie!

2015-05-28 08:16

I find this morally wrong on so many levels, it is not Okay for someone to take away a families grieving process. This is a way they are grieving, so to sit there & do this is not Okay... it is also disrespectful on so many levels to put it in the trash & act like that is Okay. I send prayers & love to Elle, Catherine, Ralph & many others that are in their family grieving. My condolences & support 100%. R.I.P. Jakie!
~ Brie Letts
Big Jess

2015-05-28 11:38

Jackie was an amazing person. She would do anything for anyone, she deserves this.  Jackie truly was a genuine person, and for someone to throw her cross away like garbage is appalling. 

2015-05-28 11:55

This is a memorial for a mom who lost her life . Her family placed it there in love and rememberance it is not hurting anyone please don't make this worse on her family than it already is . leave it there! Its the right thing to do .

2015-05-28 11:59

No state law against it unless it is a road hazard and it was not and it was very disrespectful to the family

2015-05-28 12:38

Im a mother and if it was my child or me i would want my children to have the right to moron me in what ever way helps them get throught there hard time.

2015-05-28 12:44

Did the family talk to the property owners before putting the cross at the accident site, or was it just assumed it would be okay? I'm sure it was not done with any intent to upset the family but if there's a two week policy it should be followed unless other arrangements and permissions were granted. Too many of these roadside memorials turn into trashy looking junk collections.

2015-05-28 14:04

Township hall is in my back yard. Every or anyone is allowed to put signs up in my yard facing the township hall. He needs to step down. His feelings do not reflect the rest of Charesltown township residents.
Kels

2015-05-28 14:05

SO much love for Momma Jackie. It was completely disrespectful for the township to do that without notifying anyone. The fight will go on until we win. Love you guys!

2015-05-28 14:29

They should have as much time as they need to grieve. What is the cross hurting no one so leave it up n alone thank u
Pegiety

#17 Re:

2015-05-28 14:52

#1: -  

In the first place the first 30 ft is supposed to belong to the county so what gives this township the right to remove anything? My heart and prayers goes out to the Wine family  and I believe it was a very good thing of you to contact channel 3 news and get this out. this townshop didn't pactice proceedures in my opinion and people of this area needs to make their voices heard at the next township meeting. (you must have a heartless supervisor there or whoever is in charge of this part of the township regulations)My opinion! I don't know how they can make rules over a part of the road that is owned by the county.

2015-05-28 14:56

This is such BS. So sorry fir your families loss. :( Also so sorry about the insensitivity of this jerk. Shame on them.

2015-05-28 16:12

I am close to the Wine family, very close with Jackie and Ralph's kids. They are going through enough, and it was awful of those people to take down the memorial that was set up! Disrespectful and horrible! How would they feel if it was their family member? Have some respect and dignity people!

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-05-28 16:15

2015-05-28 18:54

I'm so sorry to hear about Jackie I don't know her or her husband personally but I go to Galesburg speedway a lot and I drove by the cross and said to myself well someone died there I had no idea until last night it was her may she rest in peace and may god bring her friends and family peace and comfort as they deal with this tragedy

2015-05-28 21:29

The township should be ashamed for throwing those things in the trash. VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!! Even if there is a 2 week time span for having the croas and flowers up throwing those things away was wrong . Who was it hurting to have the families memorial left as is . I also think a public apology from the township should happen . 

2015-05-28 22:25

Jackie touched so many with her love compassion and understanding! She made u laugh even on your worse day! She means so much to me and feel she needs have cross for her love of her faith and her family/friends!!
Catherine Wine

2015-05-28 23:05

#13: -  

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Roadside crosses are very meaningful to families who are grieving. Maybe you don't understand that because of your opinion on them, but that is the exact spot my mother took her last breath. It is a respect thing to leave them alone, not to throw them in the garbage, how would you feel if you were in any of our shoes? I'm sure you would be upset as well. And in today's society, that's what people do they set up crosses. The Charleston Township Hall had no right to take it down when it isn't their property, the road commission said it's standard procedure to leave them up, unless it is a roadside hazard and in this case it was not. Either sign the petiton to help us to put it up, or don't express your opinion at all. 

2015-05-28 23:40

She's part of my wife's family, my brother in laws sister! N it's only right to put up a memorial cross for our departed. It helps witj the loss. Whoever this mayor guy is needs to grow a heart or get out of office!