Jackie's Wine Memorial Cross

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Jackie's Wine Memorial Cross.

2015-05-29 00:26

This family should have time to grieve during this horrific tragedy. People ought to take into respect what this family is going through. Here in Pensacola we don't seem to have that problem an if we lose a love in a traffic accident the county put a sigh out in memory of with the persons name on it.

#27 Re:

2015-05-29 00:45

#24: Catherine Wine -  

You are partly correct, I do not understand how meaningful the roadside cross is to the family but that's because I have not been in your shoes, not because I have "an opinion of them".  I think they are fine if well kept and the site doesn't end up looking like the clearance section of a toy store. From what I've read online your mom sounded like a wonderfully sweet lady and I am truly sorry for your loss - please don't take offense, I was only curious as I don't know what the guidelines are for such memorials and meant no disrespect. 

2015-05-29 00:51

Because this is not fair to the family. What is it hurting for them to do this? I lost my mom when I was 16 yrs old. If I had thought of doing this I would of and NO ONE would have said a word about it coming down. People this is how they chose to honor their mother. Let them be!!!

2015-05-29 00:57

Apparently someone has no heart! What if they were in this poor, poor families shoes!! As I will pray for this family, I will certainly pray for this cold heartless .......... I better stop now, for my anger is building up. And I do not want that to happen! God Bless
Catherine Wine

#30 Re: Re:

2015-05-29 01:03

You just said "too many of the roadside memorials look like junk collections", how do you not consider that an opinion? Get off her damn page, you're pissing me off. 

2015-05-29 01:21

Many thoughts and prayers to her faimly. I don't understand how anyone could be so insensitive. It's a memorial a women losed her life. Instead of throwing the memorial away it should be left there as a reminder to people to slow down pay attention and put their cell phones away, life is precious. 11 years ago my best friends daughter was killed by a hit and run driver. She never came out of the coma and died 4 days layer. The day after Abby was hit less then a block from Burgess hospital friends and faimly gathered and placed a memorial at the sight. The person responsible had not been found. The memorial was a flowed cross with her name and her jersey number. We hoped that it would help apprehend the person responsible. It was dark that night and someone may have seen the car that had run up over the kerb struck three sighs and Abby. People started calling in and the person responsible was found. We left the cross their as a remainder that  Abby's life was taken beside a busy road. She and a friend were walking to the gas station for a soda and a pack of gum. The memorial stayed there for some time. Then one day as I drove passed I noticed the cross was gone, someone had bought the lot and built a house. Her uncle made another cross and placed it their beside the road, a couple days later the cross was gone so we went to the house hoping that maybe the owners may have seen the person who took down the memorial. We discovered the owners had taken down the memorial because it was a reminder that someone had died their and they didn't want to look at it everyday. We made many phone calls and sadly their was nothing we could do, it was private property. This is heartbreaking, they should have the rite to place a memorial there. God bless their faimly at this timen

2015-05-29 01:56

I sighed this because I believe that people should be able to show their love to their fallen loved ones.

2015-05-29 02:09

Because these ppl have the right to put up a memorial in the place they lost their family member in honor of that person..
LW

2015-05-29 02:11

Because its ridiculous. A life was lost, and it shouldn't be forgotten about. You dont just do that. And you cant get rid of it by just throwing it in the trash. Honestly... I mean c'mon. 

2015-05-29 07:12

The Wine family has been through alot and having a cross at the scene of the accident is something that should not be debated about. There are several other things that need to be worried about, a symbol of remembrance is not one of them.
Catherine, Elle, and the rest of the family, I hope you guys get to have the cross there forever. <3
pissed off son

#36 Re:

2015-05-29 16:15

#13: -  

To the troll who left this comment, please let me know your name so I could talk about this face to face with you. I would love to hear your reasoning, in person, not behind a keyboard

Thanks Eric Wine

2015-05-29 16:34

It's the right thing to do. Plus I've known Ralph for over 20 years as a friend of my son-in-law Shawn Rhoda and I know Ralph to be an honest & caring person.

2015-05-29 16:53

Because the Township supervisor has no heart and apparently we have to sign a petition for him to grow one. Sad.

2015-05-29 19:02

I signed this petition because there is a moral obligation to do so. When we regulate memorials we start down a narrow path of tyranny. Let us rejoice in a memory. Not bicker over how we choose to remember.

2015-05-29 19:49

I signed this petition because I though that it's only fair that she gets her cross there. The people that won't let it be there are very rude and should think about others!

2015-05-31 06:37

This happened to a friend of my family really I don't see a problem In a road side memorial cross as long as its not hurting or in someone's private yard why do the they have a problem with it let people that lost a loved one mourn andput up there crosses

ash

#42 help

2015-06-01 11:29

1. I'd want people too do it for me if it was needed.. And its the right thing to do. We all grieve differently and what's that cross and place of some kind of peace hurting anyone.. Just another bullshit excuse by the government on how they can do whatever and get away with it.. I got prayers for y'all. Sad the world is so cold. 

2015-06-03 11:48

It's part of grieving, and showing respect. Shame on them that take these memorials down.....What if it happens to your loved one, how would that make your heart feel if they tore up the last place your special someone took their last breath?

#44 Re:

2015-06-03 11:51

You must not ever have had someone die tragiclly....You're  just as heartless as the asshats that took her memorial down. Shame on you

2015-06-03 19:51

I believe the family should be able to mourn without the stress of the cross thrown away it was a sensitive matter and the cross was for Jackie ❤ and I think what if it was my mom

#46 Re:

2015-06-04 07:44

first they did not even wait two weeks as they said and it was state property not his to ask or to remove he had no right  as he falt it had something to do with the race track so to him he hated it ..

2015-06-06 02:05

I'm not from the state of MICHIGAN but I think if any MAYOR believes he can just walk in and DESTROY someone's grave site by targeting their beliefs then he's considered an enemy of mine and I like making people upset specifically ass holes like the one here in MICHIGAN that LIKES to take down CROSSES.

2015-06-07 13:25

Because I feel its wrong to take down the cross, the family will mind its upkeep just like they do at the cemetery.

#49 Re:

2015-06-07 14:35

#24: Catherine Wine -  

There is no 2 week policy they made it up then they lied to news 3 and told them a cousin removed it! It was placed by a friend of our family on public property.  There is also no law against it unless it is a road hazard and it was a good 20 feet off the roadside where her body was thriwn feom the vehicle. If that were true they would have given us the cross and flowers not thrown it in the trash.  I don't know who you are and I don't care everyone is entitled to their opinion but in respect of our family keep it to yourself.  I'm Jackie's oldest child and my younger siblings and father do not deserve to hear comments like this they are suffering enough right now! Please keep unkind comments and opinions to yourself because karma is a bitch and it does come around.  I pray that you and your family never have to suffer a tragic event like this, but if you have or do you will understand why we are so upset!

Brandy (Wine) Abrams

2015-07-05 15:52

I saw this on the news when it happened, people think they can do just Whatever they want, no matter how it affects others