NMMU PETITION: Unlawful Protests violating our Right to Education

Quoted post

2016-09-26 19:15

The rights of law-abiding students are being violated and we will no longer tolerate this from management of the universities which are supposed to provide our children with education.

Replies

#197 Re: strikes against education, voilence, destroying property

2016-09-27 16:07:02

#1: -  

My son have the same problem at TUT campus in Pretoria.

NMMU Alumnus

#337 Re: Safety of Staff & Students

2016-09-28 06:57:20

The NMMU together with numerous other institutions across the country is shut for very real safety concerns in a bid to protect its staff and students, not because they do not want to teach them. The inconvenience of a possible temporary delay in academic progression is nothing compared to a lifetime of distress mourning the loss of a life should the NMMU be forced open and ongoing protests turn deadly. It is my opinion that the NMMU is acting responsibly by adopting their current stance and I commend them for taking this decision, afterall, the correct decision is rarely the most favourable during dire situations.

Will Mr. Price be taking on the legal responsibility of staff and student safety should his crusade force the doors of NMMU open?

#343 The premise of the petition has become reactionary

2016-09-28 07:03:42

I regret having added my name to the petition. I would like to withdraw my name. Mr Price's articulation of the issue as reported in the Herald this morning (28.9.2016) is at odds with my conviction that the initial demand for free education for poor students is absolutely spot on. I would be supportive of progressing those demands in a manner that does not negatively impact the futures of current students. By reducing the issue to an angry spewing of bile flies in the face of attempting to find workable solutions