Request to cancel the PSAC and TB vote (PA, SV and EB groups)

Quoted post

Michel Boyer

#19 We got screwed !!

2010-12-14 22:51

We have been misled by our executive members of our union. They had no right to remove our severance package. This fiasco is politically driven. The private sector as been pressuring our Government for 2 years, they think that we are not entitled to the severance package. Maybe we should add a 50% tax hike on the private sector or maybe remove their Christmas bonus, performance pay or stock options. They Fed Gov and private sector and PSAC should start looking at their own business and leave our severance pays alone. Actually this issue could have the grounds for a court case.

That’s my 2 cents

Replies

Visiteur

#78 Re: We got screwed !!

2010-12-16 15:30:25

#19: Michel Boyer - We got screwed !! 

I'm with you on that one. I just started in the government in March and that would mean no severence pay for me, ever! I think most of the people that voted yes are the ones that are about to retire or want to "upgrade" their homes. Some just aren't thinking about the future, nor anybody else for that fact.

I'm paying the union for what? To take away everything that was offered to me when I first started? Or others that aren't ready to receive their severence pay? 

I'm not a wiz with income taxes either, but won't this take its toll on it?

As for Family days, not everyone has a full family, therefore most of those days are wasted. I don't recall seeing that we could use those days toward siblings, newphews, nieces, grandparents, close aunts and uncles. Are they not concidered family? They sure are to me. I live with my boyfriend without any children, therefore my five family days are more than likely wasted, or should I say six?

Visiteur

#87 Re: We got screwed !!

2010-12-16 16:46:19

I totally agree with what you have written.  In fact, when you consider the taxes we will have to pay if an employee decides to cash out the full amount?  We will have NOTHING left.  First of all, our tax bracket will got up which mean more money to the government and second, they will be taking more then half of this amount when you do cash it out.  All this to say, we loose everything and the government get's it all back.

#207 Re: We got screwed !!

2010-12-21 20:43:39

The REAL issue here our Union Dues folks, wake up they are outrageous !

I am paying almost $80/month x 12 = $960 a year and for what ???????????

With the last contract PSAC could not negotiate salary, the Government said this is what your getting that's it that's all AND with this contract we are losing our Severance, can someone please explain WHAT we are paying PSAC for ?

I think that we are essentially forced to financially support the Union (thanks justice Rand) is a crime ! !

Perhaps someone should start a Petition regarding having our Union Dues reduced or at least freeze any increase for a number of years.