Opposition to ITV

Quoted post

Inaayat Abdool Satar. email: mr.ias1@yahoo.com

#99 Criticism of Ulama openly!

2012-07-29 00:14

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

The Ulama have erred openly, yes, but this doesn't mean we should take their names and tarnish it. Boycott the WRONG doings of their organisations, yes, boycott the haraam in ITV, yes, Boycott the haraam in Radio Islam, yes, but don't make gheebah about specific people or about any person, rather make du'aa at tahajjud time with tears in your eyes for their hedayah. Speak to them politely about their wrongs, yes, this will win their heart over. Take Jama'ahs to their houses for Khususi Mulaaqat (Special visit), and see how their hearts change. Invite them to the khanqahs, to take benefit from our mashaa'ikh and see how their hearts change. their taubah may be done in secrecy too! They don't have to tarnish their own names further, by making public taubah, if they don't wish to. Their "public taubah" can be, that they start calling to the truth, and leave out the wrongs they did.

This isn't for anyone to judge but اللَّه (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) .

As for the "Preaching of truth and prevention of evil" is concerned,
•this should be done with hikmah (modesty, wisdom) and kindness, in the way Nabi(صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ) did it. We all know the incident of Taa'if.

•Gheebah should be made about the wrongs people do, after telling them it is wrong, rather make Du'aa for them, if you have true care for them.
Nabi (صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ) had true care for people, so he(صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ) prevented them from evil in the day by means of Da'wah (invitation towards the oneness of اللَّه ) , and cried for them in du'aa in the darkness of the night, because he didn't want them to be put in the fire of hell as the result of dying kafir/munafiq.

We should also adopt this إنشاء الله

Please don't justify gheebah by saying we are "preventing evil" preventing evil is through stopping the individual by Da'wah and we are preventing the evil of ITV through this petition. So, through this petition we may be-able to get the attention of the muslim ummah to stop watching it. We should not make gheebah of people, but rather we should conceal their names, and showcase the faults of the tv station, not putting the blame on any individual.

My beloved Shaikh Hadhrat Ml. Mansur Ul Haqq Nazir Saheb (May اللَّه protect him) says: "Imaan goes up and down like the valley of a thousand hills in Durban"

So at certain time people's imaan drop, and they need somebody to bring it up, through kind words, not criticism. Kind words break hard hearts, like the Qur'aan e Kareem breaks hard hearts because of kind words of encouragement and stories of motivation. While "Wikileaks" articles makes hearts harder through their criticism and direct revelation of people's faults

*By this message I'm not justifying the errors and faults of the ulama, just preventing the evil of back-biting from entering this debate, as this is incumbent upon me as Nabi (صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ) said: " If any one of you or a group of you see a forbidden thing being done and they don't prevent it, although having the power to do so, اللَّه inflicts a sever punishmen on them before their death"

Itv is being prevented through this petition, and I am preventing gheebah through this comment.*

Please forgive me if I have said anything wrong.
May اللَّه guide us all to the straight path and make us Da'ees of deen.

آمِيْن يَارَبَّ الْعَالَمِينْ

Replies

Mohamed Adam - ITV

#102 Re: Criticism of Ulama openly!

2012-07-29 00:27:55

#99: Inaayat Abdool Satar. email: mr.ias1@yahoo.com - Criticism of Ulama openly! 

I fully agree with your wise words. Please criticise ITV and not the individual Ulema for the wrongs of ITV. Please do not mention any individual Ulema by name. I fully agree with your words of wisdom.

The organisation ITV should be criticised for any shortcomings. We are willing to address any concerns and make improvements to the station. We also respect the view that some people hold that all forms of TV is Haraam. In this case there is nothing which can be done as a Haraam cannot be improved. However the purpose of ITV is to be an means for those who currently do have the view that there could be some benefit of TV which is devoid of all forms of Haraam then ITV is striving to meet their needs for a source of information.

Please do not blame presenters and or people who appear on ITV for the faults of itv or name individual persons. There will be no benefit in that. Direct your criticism at ITV.

May Allah (SWT ) Guide us and let this debate lead us to a correct decision for the benefit of the Muslim Ummah. 

#104 Re: Criticism of Ulama openly!

2012-07-29 11:12:51

DEAR BROTHER

WHAT YOU SAY IS NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH . MAY ALLAH (SWT) REWARD YOU AND ACCEPT YOUR GOOD INTENTIONS.

HOWEVER IN SOME CASES AND A CASE LIKE THIS, THIS HAS TO BE DONE OPENLY TO WARN OTHER PPEOPLE AND TO PREVENT OTHER PEOPLE FROM DOING THE SAME EVIL. ONE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WAS NOT AN ERROR DONE OUT OF IGNORANCE. THESE ULEMA ARE FULLY AWARE OF THE FATWAS OUT THERE AND ALSO OPPOSITION TO THEM APPEARING ON TV. THESE ARE LEARNED MEN WHO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE HADITH OF OUR BELOVED NABI (S.A.W.). EVEN A 5 YR OLD WILL UNDERSTAND A STRAIGHT-FORWARD STATEMENT. THERE IS NO CHOOSING THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS IN THIS CASE.

THEY HAVE WENT AGAINST THE TEACHINGS OF THE SHARIAH AND EVEN TRIED TO JUSTIFY IT ON RADIO SHAYTAAN.

REMEMBER IN AN ISLAMIC STATE WHEN A PERSON COMMITS MURDER, ARMED ROBBERY OR ADULTERY HE/ SHE IS PUBLICLY PUNISHED. THIS IS TO PREVENT FURTHER CORRUPTION.

YES, THEIR PERSONAL FAULTS WHICH AFFECTS THEIR OWN SOULS ARE NOT MADE PUBLIC. BUT THESE SINS AFFECTS THE UMMAH AT LARGE AND THEY TRY TO JUSTIFY IT. THEY HAVE BEEN WARNED. THEY HAVE TO BE REMOVED FROM THEIR "LOFTY PEDESTAL" OF BEING OUR LEADERS.

YES WE DO MAKE DUA THAT THEY AND OURSELVES COME TO THE TRUTH. THE UMMAH CAN ONLY UNITE ON HAQ!!

MAY ALLAH GUIDE US ALL - AAMEEN

WAS SALAAM

FEIZAL ALLI

JOHANNESBURG

Yusuf

2012-07-29 11:44:51

#99: Inaayat Abdool Satar. email: mr.ias1@yahoo.com - Criticism of Ulama openly!

Jazakalah Inaayat. Now please go and pracrice what you preached. Go to their homes and ask them to make taubah from standing surrounded by a dozen Christian crosses in a Church, from making Halaal the wearing of hindu sar'is, from Halaalazing the hot cross buns, from teaching in so-called Islamic schools which dislay the photo's of young girls and boys in newspapers, form certifying Israeli products though the Palestinians are brutalised...the list goes on and on. That is why Moulana Fadl-ur-Rahmaan of Azadvile was fed up. Not only him, but the overwhelmning majority of Ulama in the Jamiat. The Jamiat has beent aken over by six people, and i will name them: Ml. Bham, Ml Ragie, Ml. Navlakhi, Ml. Haider, Ml, Sulaiman Ravat, Ml Khajwee and "Mufti E.B. Lockat".

Just imagine for a moment of Ml. Abdul Hameed Saab was in charge of the Radio station and Moulana Shabeer saheb was the general secretary and Mufti Saeed Motala and Mufti Ismail of Springs were in charge of Sanha, what noor will there not be in the Jamiat.

I am awaiting for a report back from Inaayat after he meets and speaks with Hikmah to the various parties whose name he now possesses.

Please also ask the Radio why they are not putting on air the names of the Ulama of South Africa who opposes ITV. He should try and convince them to put Ml. Abdul Hamids Bayaan and read out the Fatw'a of the local Ulama who oppose ITV. Let's see if he succeeds with his Hikmah.