Pastors in Support of Georgia's Vulnerable Child Protection Act
Pastors’ Petition Supporting the Vulnerable Child Protection Act
We the undersigned pastors strongly support Georgia’s Vulnerable Child Protection Act (VCPA). Because the medical interventions prohibited by VCPA are harmful to children and families physically, mentally, and spiritually, their use on minors should be prohibited. n In the beginning, God created male and female in His image (Gen 1:27).
- Our broken culture has left many innocent children without even the vital foundation of certainty about their own God-given sex.
- The families of these gender-dysphoric children are seeking answers from the mental health and medical communities.
- Too often those communities are guiding the families and children toward dangerous and experimental interventions including medications to delay the normal bodily development of puberty, cross-sex hormones to feminize or masculinize the body’s appearance, and even surgeries to remove healthy body parts and create non-functioning imitations of others.
- Most of these interventions are irreversible in their effects.
- The full long-term effects of these interventions have not been studied and are unknown.
- The known medical risks of these interventions include sterilization, heart disease, strokes, blood clots, cancers, bone weakness, and severe depression. n
- These medical interventions amount to treating the symptoms rather than the underlying psychological causes of gender dysphoria.
- The vast majority of children who suffer gender dysphoria will outgrow it if given psychotherapy rather than medical interventions and if allowed to develop normally.
- No reliable research shows that these interventions improve children’s psychological outcomes, and in fact, the best research shows that patients who do undergo these interventions persist in their psychological disorders and distress.
For these reasons, we urge the Georgia legislature to enact the Vulnerable Child Protection Act to protect minor children and their families from medical interventions that will do enormous harm. We also encourage all believers to love and show compassion toward all persons, including those struggling with gender dysphoria, sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who is able to bring true freedom from error and to set captives free. (John 8: 34-36).
Child Protection Alliance Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|