The removal of Seth Sumner as Athens TN City Manager
This petition is to show the Athens City Council that the citizens of Athens demand the removal of Seth Sumner as City manager for the following reasons.
1) Stopping the investigation into city owned cameras that he himself had posession of before they disappeared. (Theft)
2) Firing our beloved Police Chief Couch without cause and without speaking with the City Council in attempt to obfuscate his theft investigation. (Corruption)
3) Using his position as City Manager to make a charge of attempting to board a plane with a firearm "go away" after speaking with officials in Maryville. (Corruption)
4) Using his position as City Manager to fine businesses and force the closure of indoor eating at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandamic for his own personal reasons. (Corruption)
5) Before the last City Council meeting taunting those citizens who were protesting his actions by laughing at them and blowing kisses. (Conduct unbecoming of a City Official)
6) Using city funds to have lavish meals. (Embezzlement)
7) Shutting down Regional Park to the public for fireworks display on the 4th of July, while he and his friends still went into the park. (Conduct unbecoming of a City Official)
8) Retaliation against citizens for asking questions of the local government even through the public records request. (Intimidation/Corruption)
9) Numerous lawsuits that have been filed all involving Seth Sumner and his disgraceful conduct as City Manager. (Conduct unbecoming of a City Official)
Evidence for these accusation have been proven through public records by Larry Eaton and other witnesses.
A suspension is not enough, we the citizens of Athens TN Demand his immediate removal!
The Friendly City Citizens Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|