CCC Non-Primary Course Availability Trial

Historically, Castlewood Country Club has maintained a policy of restricting golf course access prior to 10 AM on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays to a Primary Member, which is designated for each respective Club Membership. The purpose of this long standing policy is one of fairness and provides guaranteed course availability at peak times to the respective designated Primary Individual.

Recently, there has been a concerted effort by the Golf Committee and some Board Members to change this long standing policy by instituting a Non-Primary Course Availability Trial, which allows Non-Primary Member access to the golf course opposite the Saturday Shotgun beginning at 9 AM instead of 10 AM from June 1 through September 7, 2013.

This new policy also requires Primary Members to check-in by 8:40 AM in order to preserve their right to tee off before Non-Primary Members, which is 80 minutes earlier than the current policy requires.

At the conclusion of the trial period, it is the Board’s intent to conduct a survey, not an official Club Vote, to decide whether to make permanent changes to the House & General Rules.

This petition neither supports nor opposes this attempted change of Club Policy.

Our concern is that this proposed change in Club Policy should be decided by the will of the majority of the Membership through an official Club Vote.

We therefore request that Castlewood Country Club Board of Directors:

  1. Hold an immediate emergency Board Meeting.
  2. Suspend the Non-Primary Course Availability Trial Period immediately.
  3. Take this proposed change in House and General Rules to the Membership for an official Club Vote instead of using a survey.