CCC Non-Primary Course Availability Trial

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition CCC Non-Primary Course Availability Trial.

2013-06-04 04:33

I can't believe some Board members wouldn't realize how few tees times are available between 6:30 AM and 9:00 AM. There are working members that don't want to wake up early to play golf on Saturday. They should be able to come out at 9:30 AM and be able to walk on the course and play.
Rick

2013-06-04 16:45

It would be nice to play mornings on weekends without having to show up an hour or more early.

2013-06-04 16:57

Outside tournaments on Fridays and now this? What's next, public tee times on Golf Now?

2013-06-04 17:16

I must have missed the Tuesday's play before 2 pm "Trial" email.
How is that still sacred and playing on the weekends in front of primary members is open for trial?

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-06-04 17:46

2013-06-05 17:12

I think primary members should be able to call in a tee time reservation so there is no need to have to show up and wait around. The hidden gem is being able to grab a Late Morning tee time. Not all of us want to play early.

2013-06-05 17:52

This wasn't part of the deal when I joined...how does a couple of people get to make this change. Assuming at a minimum, the members that would benefit from this change will also pay more for this new membership category.

D Kares

#8 Sat morning

2013-06-06 05:28

I agree that it would be nice to have tee times available on Saturday's but the petition is not referring to that.I could never understand why only the primary member was allowed to play early on Saturday. n some cases, the non-primary member plays more golf than the member! What if we want to play together? Why should only one member of the family have the convenience of playing Sat morning?! This rule seems unfair, sexist, and outdated. and I hope the board will see that and treat members and spouses equally. Ladies day, AS WELL AS Men's day still have priority but it's equal with each group having one specific day. When a CC has as many members as Castlewood, it's not fair that a select group gets to monopolize tee times. Be nice and share. We all pay our dues.

#9 Dear D Kares

2013-06-06 06:11

The reason that there is preferred access for the primary member is to make sure that each membership has equal priveliges to the course. Every membership pays equal dues, so by designating one primary member per membership, the existing regulations make sure that no one membership is dominating course access because all memberships have the same access through the primary member.

You say it is not fair that a select group gets to monopolize tee times, but that is not the case. If the trial program was to be adopted, select groups would be able to monopolize because you would have situations where two people of the same membership would have equal rights to one person of a single membership, who pays the same monthly dues as the couple. How is that right? Pay double dues and you can have the double access that you seem to want.

Also, the existing policy is not sexist, unfair or outdated, as women are allowed to be the primary member. The existing policy only specifies that each membership designate one primary individual who gets the primary rights. Every membership is treated equally.

Regardless of what any of our opinions are though, it seems pretty clear that this petition is only concerned with having an official membership vote on this issue. One membership = One vote.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2013-06-07 04:51