help me to keep my home and fight for what is right

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition help me to keep my home and fight for what is right.

2014-06-20 06:42

I think the Ramsey Commissioners should allow Gemma Salthouse to keep on at her grandads property.If they force her out they will only have to find her another place in social housing. She would like to bring her own family up there so the extra room is not wasteful. There are single people with new two-three bedroom properties in Ramsey who should have been given single accommodation. I think they should consider Gemma's case very carefully.

2014-06-20 08:17

This is so unfair she's a very good friend of mine and don't deserve this disruption X

2014-06-20 19:06

GOOD LUCK LAMB, I CANT IMAGINE SOMEONE TRYING TO EVICT ME FROM MY HOME , YOU WERE BORN AND RAISED THERE XX

2014-06-21 01:00

There is no question in my eyes weather Gemma should be aloud to stay.. It's her home and should remain that way x

2014-06-21 13:42

Good luck Gemma, hope you get to stay, lots of love Sarah xxx
kipper

2014-06-22 02:29

It's not her home it's Ramsey Commissioners house why should she be allowed to stay there on her own when there are families in need of housing now? Move her to smaller accommodation and let a family in need have the house!
tatty

#7 Re:

2014-06-22 06:50

#6: kipper -

It is a very unfortunate situation, it will all depend on who is named on the Commissioners housing book, if she is not named as the Tennant then she doesn't really have any case.  There are lots of instances like this, usually though, where a large family have been brought up then children grow up and move on, family move on and just mum and dad left, they are named Tennants though.  This is a difficult one, as by this time Mum and Dad are usually elderly and not really fair to move them on.  Whatever the outcome, Good Luck.

#8 Re: Re:

2014-06-22 10:01

#7: tatty - Re:

yes my name is on the tenancy i was a joint tanant with my grandfather then 6 weeks after he died last year they gave me a new life tenancy of my own and thankyou for being fair

#9 Re:

2014-06-22 10:12

#6: kipper -

yes it is a commissioners house i have lived here my entire life sine a week old why should they force me to move because my hole family have died this is more than a house to me it is my home and there are 26 + houses in the same esstate with one person living in them why just move me if there goin to make changes and move people then move them all dont victamise one person... i did not ask for my family to die i wud rather them all be here and moving wouldnt be so hard for me but my home were i want to bring up a family means everythin to me its all i have left!!! also out of people living in this esstate on there own i am the youngest by at least 30 years ready to start a family the others have had there family and they are now grown up with families of there own! so why punish one person that is actually goin to use it as a family home

2014-06-23 14:40

Good luck Gemma. Let's hope the commissioners have a heart.
Trikki

2014-06-23 14:59

If they can allow business owners, those with expensive cars and rv's stay in them it is not right to push someone out who has already lost everything. Another case of hit the easiest target.. Good luck Gemma
wils

#12 Re:

2014-06-23 15:37

2014-06-23 18:41

Leave Gemma in her home where she can continue to be happy surrounded by happy memories. She is causing no harm. Do you really need to cause her any more upset? Go waste your time elsewhere
guest 2

#14 Re:

2014-06-24 20:39

#1: -

im sorry but if its in someone elses name then she should move, shes got no family (eg) children of her own, why should it be one rule for her and the same for the rest as everyone who lived with family with their parents or grandads name if they leave you cant just stay there. she will have to find a rental for time being, im sorry but i dont agree with this and im sure they wont listen anyway. i back the commisioners 100% its not one rule for others and another for her, she should be shifted to a 1 bed so someone can have their children in that home as she obviously has non. she should have had her name on the list in the first place, so maybe she should have thought about that. this is the most stupid thing i have ever seen. and tbh they are not going to listen even with a petition, just like the governement (tynwald) ignored over 6000 signatures for the toilet tax.

2014-06-25 14:28

#14: guest 2 - Re:

MY NAME IS ON THE TENANCY I HAVE SAID THAT 3 TIMES! AND I AM READY TO START A FAMILY THE COMMISSIONERS SHOULD NOT PICK ON ONE PERSON.... IF THERE POLICY IS TO MOVE ALL PEOPLE FROM HOUSES TO FLATS IF THERE ON THERE OWN THEN DO IT NOT LEAVE EVERYONE ALONE BAR ONE PERSON WHEN THEY HAVE LOST EVERYTHIN AND IS THE YOUNGEST PERSON ONE THEIR OWN IN TNE ESSTATE!!!  AND WHEN THEY GAVE THAT PERSON A TENANCY OF THERE OWN KNOWEN THEY WERE ON THERE OWN!!!!

2014-06-25 14:29

This is all wrong! Leave gemma alone she has been threw enough and deserves the right to keep her home as her name is on the tenancy

#17 Re:

2014-07-01 18:33

#15: -

tbh they ain't going to waste their breath and its just stupid. Pack your bags and move instead of having a little pussy fit just because things don't go ur own way. Its not going to happen and it will be proven because nobody will listen from the commissioners. And this starting a family business, they wont believe that bullshit either.. Just move like of the rest of us have to... And someone with actual children can move in and have a happy home. You don't need it unless your imaginary children are living there already. Just get over yourself and move on

2014-07-08 17:44

It is only fair and correct that this lady keeps her house.Her name is on the lease.

2014-07-08 17:49

There are plenty of other single people in Government houses in Ramsey.Gemma is on the tenancy.This is bullying on the part of the authorities. Why not look at the people who are running businesses from their government houses?Do the authorities think Gemma is a soft target?

2014-07-09 11:26

karma is a b***h

2014-08-15 14:32

couldnt have worded it better #20

2014-08-30 16:07

Let a family have the house I am sure you will get a suitable property that you and your pets will be happy in..Or do you need the extra 2 bedrooms for them!!

2014-09-12 16:47

Just move into the property you have been offered and stop being a selfish little girl

#24 Re:

2014-10-14 18:50

#23: -  

if people dont support me that ur choice but wud apprieate you keeping ur nasty oppinions to urself.... ive been threw enough and do not want to end up homeless on top of everything eles! the commissioners gave me a tenancy of my own after my grandad died so by law i should keep my home!!

#25 Re: Re:

2014-11-04 14:47

#24: - Re:  

No entiirely sure where the nasty comments have come into this but you know you will not be made homeless as you have been offered a 2 bedroom property which you have refused,,I am sure there are plenty of people that would jump at the chance of that and also there are probably lot of families crammed into a 2 bedroom property where you are rattling around in a 3 bedroom family house!! Selfish!