Right to use sign language in educational programmes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Right to use sign language in educational programmes.

#526 Re: Divulgación

2010-10-03 17:34

#508: Juan Frigola Masclans - Divulgación

estoy de acuerdo. tengo una hija sorda y me costo mucho trabajo conseguir buena educacion para ella de todos modos se que enfretara dificultades por la sociedad que cree que ser sordo es una incapacidad que no merece atencion o respeto. las leyes estan escritas pero no son enforzadas a no ser de que batallamos por los derechos!!! no tengo miedo a gritarlo....tenemos que lograrlo!

Dung Vo

#527 i'm happy

2010-10-03 17:51

I was deaf, in Vietnam. I am delighted that WFB had such notice. I support all Deaf people have the right to use sign languages. I'm really fed orally speaking teachers. I am very thankful.
Leila E`temad

#528 Our right for sign Language

2010-10-03 18:46

We are pleased that as one of the esteemed WFDeaf declare that we support this petiotion & it`s the legal right of all of us.
Thanks alot & Good Luck
Dinh Mong Truc Nguyen

2010-10-03 19:45

I love Deaf SL
José Manuel Bernete

#530 Lengua de Signos

2010-10-03 20:19

La L.S. es la lengua vehicular de las personas sordas y por lo tanto debería de ser la lengua que se use en todas las etapas de su educación.

Seguid luchando por conseguirlo, ánimo
Giuseppe Pizio

2010-10-03 22:08

Gres
carlos ruiz

#532 comunicacion no verbal

2010-10-03 23:59

el derecho a una comunicación no verbal es un derecho de todos, ya no solo de personas con problemas de audicion. Estas personas, logicamente al no comunicarse de otra manera es imprescindible para ellos. Utilizar el cuerpo para las relaciones entre personas me parece algo precioso.SALUDOS.
Angel Garcia Lopez

#533 Angel

2010-10-04 10:04

Lengua de Signos de Española
Marco Ferrara

#534 No Rights, no Civilization ...!!

2010-10-04 10:25

No Rights, no Civilization ...!!
JOSE LUIS GARCIA PEREZ

#535 LENGUA DE SIGNO EN EDUCACION

2010-10-04 10:56

ES IMPRENCISIBLE
G K Goswami

#536 Right to Sign Language

2010-10-04 11:38

Deaf people too has the constitutional right to sign language as part of culture among different communities and educational programmes for educational development.
Ciao a tutti! Hi everyone!

#537 Ciao a tutti! Hi everyone!

2010-10-04 13:22

Io sono sorda alla nascita e uso i segni da piccola ma ero frequentato le scuole con gli uditi. Io non uso mai L'impianto cocleare! Io sono un pò preoccupata perché questo paese, tutti bambini usano l'impianto cocleare, non usano i segni nessuno! Voglio che le scuole speciali per i sordi devono essere più numerose ma sono anche insieme gli uditi......E' veramente problema in Italia perché ci sono poche le scuole speciali per i sordi.... Io ero frequentato la scuola Liceo Artistico coi uditi perché le scuole speciali per i sordi; è solo Ragioneria e poche altre professionali. Adesso è nuovo Liceo Scientifico assieme anche i sordi a Roma ma Liceo Artistico non è ancora insieme i sordi! Però Liceo Artistico è un pò più facile del Liceo Scientifico perché non ha materia Latino! Voglio che i sordi presentano a Liceo Artistico come il benvenuto quindi chi sordi sono bravi a disegnare.....
LE SCUOLE PUBBLICHE SPECIALI PER I SORDI DEVONO ESSERE ANCORA PIU' NUMEROSE!!!!!!! NON DIMINUISCE MAI!!!!!!

I am deaf at birth and use the signs but I was a child went to school with the heard. I never use cochlear implant! I am a bit worried because this country, all children using the cochlear implant, do not use any signs! I want that special schools for the deaf must be more numerous but are also heard together...... it is really problem in Italy because there are few special schools for the deaf.... I was attending art school with the school heard that the special schools for the deaf, it is only a few Accounting and other professional. Now is also the new High School Science with the deaf Art School in Rome, but not yet with the deaf! But art school is a little easier than the High School Science because Latin did not matter! I want the deaf are welcome to art school as a deaf and then those who are good at drawing.....
PUBLIC SPECIAL SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF ARE STILL MANY MORE!!!!!!! NEVER DECREAES!!!!!!
tommaso villani

2010-10-04 15:52

è giusto introdurre la lingua dei segni nelle scuole italiane
SAÚL CUÉLLAR GÓMEZ

#539 PAZ

2010-10-04 17:55

HOLA llamo es saúl soy sordo para tí amigos, nostros somos los sordos del el paz. muchas gracias a DIOS
Evelyn Cherow

#540 a philosophy, a culture, and evidence-based application

2010-10-04 18:53

For many years, researchers in linguistics have documented American Sign Language as meeting the criteria for a formal 'language'. Having served as a program administrator in programs serving infants, preschoolers, children and youth who are deaf or hard of hearing, it is critical to understand that each child has different learning styles and preferences that facilitate understanding and expression of ideas. Sign language has been demonstrated for centuries to facilitate language development and has cultural implications for those in the community that identify as Deaf. Banning a language (whether sign language or other native languages) is foreign to human experience. When the educator workforce can adapt education to a wide range of communication preferences and expand children's capacity for language rather than restrict usage, we will have jumped into the 21st century with an open approach to teaching and learning that accommodates education for all.
ramona maria ionel

#541 importante

2010-10-04 19:05

vogliamo di vivere con libertà e vogliamo vivere con uguaglianza come gli udenti!!!!
FORCE SIGNS
Helga Hopfenzitz

2010-10-04 20:24

I am deaf
Dawn Watts

#543 proud sign language

2010-10-05 05:13

Allow using their native sign language therefore, deaf student can understand a better educational at once!
Roselyn Willie

#544 Ms

2010-10-05 06:42

From my point of view as a Deaf teacher in Papua New Guinea,the melanesian sign language is very important in our language of communication especially with students attending mainstream schools.

I strongly disagree with the idea to bann the use of sign language.
miguel angel ortiz

2010-10-05 10:54

Hola mi opinion es que la lengua de signos es la mas util para el aprendizaje , comunicacion y difusor de la cultura en general para todas las personas sordas ya que lo mas importante es conseguir que las personas se puedan enrtiquecer y eso se consigue con una comunicacion directa a lo que uno pueda entender de forma rapida y sencilla
Mats Jonsson

#546 Sign Language is a human right for deaf and hard of hearing

2010-10-05 11:54

SIGN LANGUAGE = HUMAN RIGHT
Steve Longo

#547 Sign Language is a right to communicate not a priviledge!

2010-10-05 21:26

It's been long overdue to stress that sign language is the best solution to educate the deaf children and being used by deaf adults throughout their lives so audism can be eliminated if not minimized.
Michael Kellett

#548 A great time has arrived!

2010-10-05 21:39

I hope after the United Nations receives this important motion. The transition of changing and implementing Deaf Educations all around the world will have a profound positive impact to provide Deaf children to better education through use of their own sign language used in their own country. It is time for a CHANGE and the children will receive what is rightfully deserved in the classrooms.
Stuart Lebenbom

#549 Amazed that it is necessary

2010-10-05 23:27

In the 1970s my public school had a program that used AMSLAN and that was before the Handicapper Civil Rights Act.
Alina Popescu

2010-10-06 00:22

FORZA LIS...