Right to use sign language in educational programmes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Right to use sign language in educational programmes.

Slade Syakango

#26 Right of expression

2010-09-21 16:09

Sign language should be recognised by all aas it is one way of human beings to communicate

Abdelaziz Arssi

#27 Deaf Ed

2010-09-21 16:15

It's high time everyone recognised the right of the Deaf  community  to use SL in education

Didier Peinke

#28 Sign Language

2010-09-21 16:23

Education is most powerful Tool...

CONTE MAMADOU

2010-09-21 16:46

NOUS ENCOURAGEONS TOUTES LES PERSONNES EPRIS D'EQUITE A SOUTENIR LA CAUSE DES PERSONNES ATTEINTES DE SURDITE ET DE MUTITE

MERCI

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2010-09-21 16:52

DJONTHE Innocent

#31 Sign Language

2010-09-21 17:10

The use of sign language in every school for the deaf is of the importance for all deaf children who are schooling in these deaf'school.Government should encourage teachers,workersand so on to use the sign language like the mother language of the deaf.This week,we are going to march along the street to claim the use of sign language in Cameroon.
Chidi Olujie

#32 Right to use sign language in educational programmes

2010-09-21 17:16

The communication without sign language is incompleted.

YUN-SHU HUANG

#33 A beam of new force arises

2010-09-21 17:26

Sign language is beautiful.....

Jamilah Hamza

2010-09-21 17:50

It is every individual's right as a human being to have access to information in the format he/she understands.So,right to use sign language is human right.

Rob Hills

#35 Right to use sign langue in educational programmes

2010-09-21 17:55

I fully support the right to use any language as a part of an educational program!

#36 Re: Laissez les Sourds devenir ce qu'ils ont envie d'être!

2010-09-21 18:08

Tahnee Fleming

2010-09-21 18:10

I believe that all languages should be treated as equal; the ability to communicate is a gift, and those who try to take that gift away show a spirit of prejudice and ignorance, which shouldn't be tolerated.

Peter Hershon

#38 Sign Language Mandatory in Education....

2010-09-21 18:40

Sign language is mandatory in educational programs for Deaf students who relies solely on visual cues.  Sign language is a key to nurturing and enrich their cogniztive, intelligent, linguistic, and educational development in an educational setting.   I was thorough both a oral educational setting and sign language education setting msyelf and find sign language a wonderful experience.  Therefore, I strongly support the petition.

Marty Taylor

#39 Sign Language is a MUST

2010-09-21 19:19

Deaf people and deaf children MUST have access to sign language.  It is a visual languge that is easily and completely accessible to people who can not hear.  Without this access it is like closing people's eyes and not letting them touch the world around them. Denying sign language to students in educational programs is an injustice.

Support sign language, support sign language fluency, and support the right for students to learn using a totally accessible medium, sign language!

Ernesto Zavala

2010-09-21 19:26

Exelent!!!! W must continue telling the world educational authorities that Sign Language is the vehicle to the heart of the deaf community. It is the way for education and everything else that invloves the deaf.

Exelente!!!! Debemos continuar decirle a las autoridades educacionales del mundo que la lengua de señas es el camino al corazon de la comunidad sorda. Es la manera para la educación y todo lo que involucra al sordo

Royann Wiemers

#41 Communication

2010-09-21 19:34

Communication should be the top focus for all children in educational settings!

martha holm

2010-09-21 20:24

Every deaf child has a right to have effective communication by using sign language for learning in the classrooms.

Richard Kayaga

#43 That is being Incosiderate

2010-09-21 20:46

It is a violation of the deaf's rights yet any body could become deaf any time. The rights of the deaf should be strongly upheld.

If a person with good hearing faculties feels back when he or she misses a word or two and begs pardon, that shows how important getting the communication can be.

In fact, many conflicts arise on account of poor communication. Good communication minimises conflicts and psychological stress.

Richard Kayaga Gonza

Brenda Pluntze

2010-09-21 21:08

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Sign were taught to all!  Begining in pre school, sign should be part of every curriculum in every school! Deaf children in particular should be taught Sign Language from birth!

Walter Herbert

2010-09-21 21:11

We have some really "hard-headed" and "closed-minded" people out there. Traditions established since the Milan Conference will be hard-to-break. 

Felix Pena

#46 Hi

2010-09-21 21:15

I grew up in all deaf school, i came out fine. I go to community college and got interpreter. Still come out fine. Why Ban deaf education? how would u feel if if no education for hearing people? lost, eh? Think of deaf peoplw would feel.

Heather Sylvester

#47 Why?

2010-09-21 21:25

I am so glad I can be apart of this!!

Treva Gunn

2010-09-21 21:39

I just belive that this is very importent, time for a change.

Kusiima Brenda Sanyu

2010-09-21 21:58

Ever body uses signs to express his or her self , not only Deaf people, so what about the Deaf? They have to use their sign language too, so that they communicate. 100% correct for all of us to learn Sign language. We miss having them in community because of our ignorance to Sign language.

Griot Fleur

2010-09-21 22:19

Vive la diversité