Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!.

2014-11-20 15:22

Keep this show
clockwatcher

#1627 Re: Re: Keep the Duggars On! They are free to have their Faith/Biblical Beliefs!

2014-11-20 15:23

#1611: Mythicwings - Re: Keep the Duggars On! They are free to have their Faith/Biblical Beliefs! 

Okay, so these are not just the Duggars privately-held beliefs, they are working to make them into law. So? Only the left is allowed to be involved in politics, I suppose, because it's okay if YOUR privately-held beliefs determine law, but not ours. Think again.

Mythicwings

#1628 Re:

2014-11-20 15:24

#1553: -  

The issue is with them working to turn their personal beliefs into law. They campaign heavily for this. So of course, the people those laws would affect are very upset. But it boiled over when they took the pics down. Taking down the pics acted kind of like a spark. What they believe within their own family is not the issue and they have every right to hold those beliefs. They don't have the right to make those specific beliefs into law because it harms other people. It doesn't matter if anyone agrees with them, people's religious beliefs are precious and private and NOT the law of the land. The problem is, they want it to be the law of the land.

I will stand with the Duggar Family! 19 Kids and Counting is our families favorite show. Please don't cancel their show. May God Bless this family!

A great show! A great family, and they should have freedom of speech too. The only show I watch on tlc

2014-11-20 15:26

KEEP THE SHOW ON TLC FOREVER!
BEV

#1632 19 KIDS AND COUNTING

2014-11-20 15:27

KEEP THE SHOW ON TLC FOREVER!

2014-11-20 15:28

They have been open about their beliefs from the beginning whether we agree or not but we live in these countries to be free they are entitled to their beliefs and opinions just like everyone else don't cancel a show over something they believe in. The Duggar family has been a blessing to watch and make you want to be a better person! I love this show don't cancel it!
meme

#1634 Re:

#51: Guest -  

Totally agree with this statement. The Duggers have never put anyone or anything down. I don't think they should have to be pentalized for their beliefs,  isn't that why we have america today? Isn't this what we fought for when this new land was found and formed? Everyone has a right to their own beliefs and what they believe in. Not one Dugger said you  must live exactly the way we do. It isn't any diffferent than someone else quoting a bible verse or quoting the President. It was not directed at anyone person. If we can't express are thoughts and our own beliefs than what is all our American soldiers fighting for and dieing for? This is American and I for one love my freedom and my family fought for this country. We all have the right to believe in what we want too. Save the Duggars.

These are great people who have only ever been loving to all! To take there show off the air just because they believe differently than some people is the same type of prejudice.

2014-11-20 15:29

Everyone has a right to their own views.
Mythicwings

#1637 Re: Re: Re: Keep the Duggars On! They are free to have their Faith/Biblical Beliefs!

2014-11-20 15:30

#1627: clockwatcher - Re: Re: Keep the Duggars On! They are free to have their Faith/Biblical Beliefs! 

No, any personally-held beliefs that I have are kept private if those beliefs would harm someone else. This is about restricting the private behavior of other people. It's about keeping protections from peoplewho are gay from being fired for being gay. You can't lump all beliefs together when it comes to making law. Of course laws are affected by the beliefs of all who make them, but we ideally stop where it would take rights from other people. They have the right to feel the way they do. People who are gay have the legal right to be gay. But no one is asking that people who are gay have special rights, they just want the same rights that everybody else has. i.e. They don't want to be fired for being gay. Go look up the politicians the Duggars have campaigned for and what those politicians want to make law.

This is America and they shouldn't be punished for their beliefs. I watch the show and have never seen there refer to the Gay population. Their lives are busy with their own family. Leave them alone!!!! Please keep their show on, don't cave to those who think their ideas are what should rule. Thank you.

people need more respect in this world. I love this family and how refreshing to show there love and strong faith. that's what wrong with our people in this world .. they wanting to change our faith. too much evil in this world. please keep 19 kids and counting on TLC on..

Don't cancel this show please!
Addie

2014-11-20 15:32

The world in which homosexuals want to live is no different than the one which extremist muslims want to live in. The same tyranny, different ruler and their rules.

2014-11-20 15:33

I was going to start one but since someone else beat me to it i signed. Thanks!

Keep this family on air!!!!

Freedom of speech and religion. Why is it that every time someone says that it is against their religion but someone else doesn't agree with it they are bigots or something? Why must any religion that has been around for centuries be "rewritten" because someone doesn't like what it says. The ones who are against those with the religious beliefs are the ones being hateful about. Not just in this situation but all over the place. It's the pot calling the kettle black. All because someone doesn't feel the same way as another. It's ridiculous.
pengy

#1645 freedom of speech and religion

2014-11-20 15:34

Freedom of speech and religion. Why is it that every time someone says that it is against their religion but someone else doesn't agree with it they are bigots or something? Why must any religion that has been around for centuries be "rewritten" because someone doesn't like what it says. The ones who are against those with the religious beliefs are the ones being hateful about. Not just in this situation but all over the place. It's the pot calling the kettle black. All because someone doesn't feel the same way as another. It's ridiculous.

2014-11-20 15:35

i am tired of liberal hate and intolerance.

2014-11-20 15:36

If you don't want to watch a good, Christian family in a reality show, turn the channel! Some people DO want to watch it. Why is your TV choice more important than mine or anyone else's! If anything the immoral and trashy reality TV programs should have petitions to remove them from TV, but using my freedom of choice, I choose to watch other things like 19 Kids and Counting!
Mythicwings

#1648 Re:

2014-11-20 15:37

#1612: -  

Not exactly sure why you think I'm gay, but this isn't about people being gay or not. I'm not signing the petition against the show, but this petition supporting the show doesn't seem to understand what the Duggars do politically. If you agree with what they do politically, then make a petition supporting that and not the fictionalized image created by the show. I don't hate the Duggars, but the anger that brought about the anti-show petition is rooted in them attacking the legal rights of people who are gay, even in the rights of jobs and housing. People need to know what they are supporting if they sign a petition. Like I said, I'm not signing the one against the show but most people really seem to have absolutely NO idea what this whole thing is about or what the Duggars do in attempting to turn their beliefs into anti-civil-liberties laws. They have every right and liberty to believe what they want, but not to make otherpeople live by it.

2014-11-20 15:38

I think that what they represent is great and I'm tired of their not agreeing with a lifestyle being taken out of context. Its okay for people to hate them but not for them to disagree with a lifestyle?

2014-11-20 15:39

We need more shows like this