say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

2015-01-05 01:33

HDB and URA should have a proper planning of allowing the tender of the developers to built temple with columbarium service in a more suitable location and also the limitation of such columbarium service in a new estate like Sengkang? 

2015-01-05 03:23

I am collecting key for new flat at fernvale riverbow next week. I also feel stressed up and unhappy about the nearby columbarium. I am considering whether to take the unit also.i think the present and future residents for fernvale should seriously look at this problem. if they insist to build the columbarium, there should have tall retention wall to block the temple like the one at Rivervale.

2015-01-05 03:52

We definitely would not want to have and to be staying next to a columbarium....just out of corcern as most of the voice that has already reached out if basically non muslim or hindus...
Not being racists here but wondering how would the muslims and hindus family/residents felt having to stay next to a chinese temple with a columbarium services.....

2015-01-05 04:08

Read this report - This is good and as true as it can gets!

This is what happend and not what the Straits Times have reported.

2015-01-05 04:12

http://www.petitions24.com/say_no_to_a_columbarium_next_to_our_future_home

Pass the petitions link to the others who do not know about it or are looking for it.

This is our home, stay silence and you will be walked over by them!

2015-01-05 04:22

If its only a Chinese temple, we wouldn't have mind. But definitely NO to a columbarium.we have to think for our children. The MP for that area said that it's 80% temple and 20% columbarium.Now they would say that once its up they would change their sentence again.please vote wisely in coming election.god bless all.

#382 Re:

2015-01-05 04:27

#378: -  

Well said....

2015-01-05 04:57

I object to columbarium too. How can we stop HDB from building it? This is so terrible

#384 Re:

2015-01-05 05:02

#377: -  

They should just don't build it.

2015-01-05 05:11

See lam fb then no what is his personal conclusion.

Ask hdb not to build columbarium better . Focus your effort, do the right thing

2015-01-05 05:33

If they are going ahead with the plan, I'd consider giving up my unit
Choose a nickname

#387 Subject

2015-01-05 05:40

with this kind of bad news, there will be no buyer for resale flat in fernvale area now.

2015-01-05 06:24

HDB published role: "HDB plans and develops public housing towns that provide Singaporeans with quality homes and living environments"

Getting a new flat for a young family means a lot more than talks about affecting resale value. A young family, a new home signifies a new beginning, new hope and dreams. What quality living environment are we talking in building a columbarium in the middle of a densely popoluated residential estate? A complete deviation.

#389 Re: Re: is there any case like us happened b4?

2015-01-05 06:37

#372: - Re: is there any case like us happened b4? 

I feel sorry for you.  If you decided to drop the BTO, the only alternative is to look for a resale flat near to your daughter's secondary school.

2015-01-05 06:51

This saga opens a leeway to all other PTE LTD to bid any religion site and use it as a Columbarium.  The “investment” of this CT/CLBM is probably $30mil but the return can be $270mil if they charge $3000 per niche (based on total of 90,000 niches). Much better for a property developer to develop a condominium.

#391 Re: Re: is there any case like us happened b4?

2015-01-05 07:45

#372: - Re: is there any case like us happened b4? 

Rather than go along with  those in position who are trying to manoeuvre the whole debacle to their advantage, the residents should make a concerted effort and start digging who are the investors of the company and officials involved.

Choose a nickname

#392 Subject

2015-01-05 08:32

Feedback to smrt will do.

Appeal to HDB to stop. They are paid tax money to at least make e right decision 

Choose a nickname

#393 Subject

2015-01-05 08:38

Why give them an easy time to walk away ? Big cannot persuade then go to small stakeholders. They should protect the small stakeholders!

2015-01-05 08:53

Don't forget the service charges & donation collected from yearly praying session for death anniversary,Ching Ming & most importantly 7th month.est return will be > $270mil

#395 Re: Re:

2015-01-05 09:27

#364: - Re:  

yes, big difference.

Fo Kuang Shan depends on donation to run the temple and the columbarium is an added service for the comunity

SK columbarium sell ash jar to maintain the temple and business monk providing paid service.

I'm not near the columbarium but in Sengkang soon and really irks me to see award going to a profit oriented entity.

Put another Fo Kuang Shan there and I will take it anytime.

Also saddened by the replied from MP, seems like he's on the same front with the devopler, URA and HDB. BAD move.

#396 Re:

2015-01-05 09:42

#377: -  

I feel bad for u... must really consider properly. It's very difficult to sell after 5 years. 

2015-01-05 09:47

No columbarium!

Devian

2015-01-05 09:49

Temple with columbarium services will b more acceptable n if it's managed by a religion group... But not by a Plc whose main interest is $$$

2015-01-05 10:00

I've always loved Taiwan a lot, even before I visit there. When I 1st travel there in 2011, I love it even more, especially Taipei Jiu Fen. The houses have graveyards behind(in fact not jus Jiufen, other parts of Taiwan also have that), I asked a owner, he explained that 1 of their culture (but I think this shd be 1 of the culture of all Chinese in e world) is to 'stay' with their love ones even aft they passed on n also to pay respect to them. That warmed my heart n made me wanna migrate there. Most Singaporeans are too cold, n dun like to feel troublesome, I still remember how sad it was when my uncles pushed e responsibility away to keep my grandma's ancestral tablet aft she died, in 1993....Yest i watched e news abt residents n 'future residents' of Sengkang Fernvale opposed to the building of columbarium here, some even threatened to withdraw fr buying their future houses that they already paid deposit....tat really make me feel ashame, shame of being a Singaporean n also being a resident in Fernvale! Why would they wanna do that?? Why r they so inconsiderate n lack of (chinese)cultural values? Imagine how convenient it's for those families who r staying in Northeast part of Sg to have their love one's ashes RIP there?? Worst still, I have friend that also opposed that.....jus something to share, some of us actually do not know, there r already many temples or religious bulidings in many of our estates have columbarium in them. U might have already living beside a columbarium for yrs n u do not even realise, so pls dun make a big issue out of none. Let's live in harmony, regardless of races, languages, religions n dead or alive, please. 

P.s: this is purely my personal opinion n belief, those who read this n dun agree pls ignore n dun get offended. I'm posting this becoz I think it can help us to slow down n think, abt what we do or done, is it really right or wrong?? 

#400 Re:

2015-01-05 10:11

#399: -  

still don't get it do you?

Big difference if it's run by a real temple and NOT a listed company