say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

very unhappy resident

2015-01-03 10:43

看来看去,一点也不像廟,根本就是一座大骨灰塔。不伤心才怪! NO columbarium next to our future home! Please please!

frenZ

#302 frenz's experience

2015-01-03 12:12

My frenz told me his bto beside fo guang shan.

He told me feel errie during the 7th mth. Other mths ok.

2015-01-03 12:54

Govt please spare a thought for the residents staying at fernvale,  there are other more appropriate place where columbarium can be build.

2015-01-03 12:56

If Words cant stop it...let action !

Unhappy resident

#305 Re: Re: Lost 10% of downpayment paid

2015-01-03 13:17

#295: - Re: Lost 10% of downpayment paid 

Couldn't afford to lose this 10%..Really earn this money for few years before we can bto :(

disapointment !

2015-01-03 13:45

If this petitons didnt make things re-work..that proven somethg...the current managing MP of sengkang SMC is totally incapable & inefficiency towards provide solution to this problem. Seem like they even standing by their side with HDB & URA & LFC to hold talk with sengkang residents to convince us further.

SG50 supposedly to be a year full of celebration & better lifestlye improvments for singaporeans.... So this was part of their celebration & better lifestlye improvments for US !

2015-01-03 13:53

E Facebook page miraculously disappeared.lolz

2015-01-03 13:58

They of course will ask us to accept be cos they have to appease both sides. But we need to ask them also have they decide to come to their senses and do something for the residents to stop the columbarium be it 20%..5%..70%..30%

Heck who cares how many %. Talk to us on numbers . Don't you know how many urns can fit. Got article say 90000 

2015-01-03 14:11

Say no to columbarium....
Hope

2015-01-03 14:42

No,No,No!Chinese Temple Ok but Columbarium Not Ok!Please think for our children!                   

新年新希望!請讓大家開開心心過一個好年吧!

What's the Advantage !

2015-01-03 15:04

If 20% is for Columbarian, meaning holding urns, hence 70% else is for visitor praying rooms. 5% use for putting up some buddha status for a ambience look, 5% use for storing empty urns ! Is this a temple ???

The neighborhood future nearby shops maybe looking more to selling flowers, Joss paper, etc as business shall be blooming for this type of trade. My friend of mine is also in joss paper trading business, he just mention to me sengkang columbarium, a good business opportunity. He thought of expand this business over there ! Is a "demand" business...

Coffeshop may be packed with all sort of people & stranger all over singapore coming to pay their respect for the dead. imagine 90000 urns may equal to almost 90000 different sort of group of people come to pray EVERY as and when.

Lonely Stranger shall be Loitering around, even begger could be present just like "Si Ma Lu"

Sad Faces of people present every here & there....as people come & pray for their beloved dead.. 

They mention NO burning of joss paper & paper offering within the columbarium. Fine but this doesnt stop them from burning at outside of the building at nearby blocks even at the road side which the management of the new columbarium cant stop them. who care ! go and compliant your useless MP... !!! 

Even Govt cant control singaporean from burning joss paper at the road side during the 7th month festive. This Aust mgmt care ?

Can the living tell the dead " hey look NO burning is allow, hence no paper money for offering loh! Just clap hands & pray and say "Ping nan" and go....Tell me who come & pray with empty hands !

Can MP Dr lam, name us some advantages of having the columbarium at the particular location !

2015-01-03 15:08

https://www.facebook.com/columbariumisabadidea had gone into mute mode.

It cannot be found anymore!

2015-01-03 15:21

Precisely. .so suspicious. .but heard tomorrow session at 10 at anchor Vale still on

明天早上 anchorvale 不见不散

Tya

#314 Re:

2015-01-03 15:32

#239: -  

im very worried now. I cant even rest properly and been thinking about this issue past few days.. :( the govt didnt help me at all to build my home instead they are destroying it..

2015-01-03 15:49

Spare a thought for those with the third eye. If I have one, and I spent all my money on my BTO, how? I will see everyday. Well, some insensitive buggers will say everywhere got. Yeah. But with this columbarium comes high concentration. You don't believe? Well, I take the cautious approach to believe and respect.

2015-01-03 15:59

Im strongly against living near the dead its just too uncomfortable even with the thought of it. PLease move it somewhere that doesnt have much resident residing. Thank you.

2015-01-03 16:08

For all those who are concern, please attend tomorrow's session. 

I am going too.

2015-01-03 16:10

Quoted #301,

" 看来看去,一点也不像廟,根本就是一座大骨灰塔 "

On Second thought, may I check with my future sengkang resident how do you think an "URN" Shape may look like !

Well, Can be an "OVER" shaped, Can be a "VASE" shaped. Can be an "CUBE" shape... similar to the proposal building design.

Someone was saying, look seem like an "URN" ! parking right in the centre of the sengkang heartland !

Oppose to columbarium

#319 Re:

2015-01-03 16:18

#318: -  

Let me reply your ignorance. If you are into architecture, you will know, for chinese temples all 4 corners have a 牛角。Please at least google before comment la.

But the propose picture is like a shopping mall. Of course la, by a profit driven ang mohs australian company. I wouldn't be surprised if you are from life corp.

But be prepared, tomorrow we will ask you and HDB and URA the questions you probably can't or don't have face to answer

future fernvale resident

#320 event after tmr

2015-01-03 16:28

Shall we escalate to pm lee.

I reckon tmr session will be negative

2015-01-03 16:39

We may be told that it is not an Aussie company, only that the funds come from one that is Aussis-listed, through their stake in Singapore Funeral Services, which most probably started Eternal Pure for SGD1 (?) to tender for the land and won. Thus we will be told that this temple (oops typo... Columbarium WItH Temple), will be managed with a local party with the relevant experience.

we should be really concerned with what this Columbarium will bring to the neighborhood - ie other fringe activities, businesses, institutions, etc, especially with vacant land still available for other Civic & Community Institutions. Included as C&C are funeral parlors, and clan associations or the likes. Errr can these associations also have columbarium facility?

they must share their plans for the whole estate.

#322 Re: Re:

2015-01-03 16:44

#319: Oppose to columbarium - Re:  

Hi, I going to be shifting near this columbarium too if that really happen to built !

what i was saying is that the shape of the building is simlilar & symbolise to the shape of an URN.

Looking into fengshui aspect, it just like having a "BIG URN" resting in the centre of this estate which may not be a good in term of fengshui aspect. Just like a having a canal with dead water in front of a house block may symbolise "dead water" meaning no much of wealth, for example ....

Im Chn, singaporean who is quite particular about my living surroundings ! which I belive most of our future 2016 sengkang ppl opposing this matter! not because all scare of ghost, scare of too many cars, road may jam, etc.

Is the living envoirnment that matter! Cheers...

#323 Re:

2015-01-03 16:49

#318: -  

Are you referring to runs like this? Yup...really like a gigantic urn

http://www.extra-celeste.com/en/buddhist-collection.html

2015-01-03 16:49

They can stop the columbarium first since it is still under discussion 

One problem resolve all

#325 Re: event after tmr

2015-01-03 16:55

#320: future fernvale resident - event after tmr 

Please do so without further delay....