say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

#276 Re:

2015-01-02 13:55

#262: Pain and Misery for Singaporeans -  

Think positive . that is the difference between successful people and failers. never try ask to say no, never no. Im sure if majority are not happy, they can consider veto..

what is the difference between young and old gen? because we fight for our happiness

2015-01-02 14:00

Personally I really do not like the idea of having a temple/mosque/church or any of these religious building just in between HDB flats. Around the neighborhood, somewhere away[1 to 2 km] from the flats are ok but not like beside your block that kind[you get what i mean].
So not to mention a columbarium inside these religious buildings. Whether its noise or air pollution, peace or fear of the dead or ...etc. Its hard to speak of these but that's the truth, everyone has their own opinions or facing the same issues. Many who don't live by such case may not know the feeling inside. Then of course there are also people who live by such and they don't mind but what's importantly is how many people really don't mind! Ask yourself if you really have a choice, would you rather not to live by such. Don't deceive yourself & live in denial.
I would be mostly appreciated if HDB/Land authority or government will look into this matter seriously.

- Fernvale lea

2015-01-02 14:03

How can it be a temple if it's run by a business for profit entity.

It's building a temple to get the columbarium.

To built a columbarium only in that location will not be possible. Only far flung remote area.

It's all $$$ in mind, it's not about respect, compassion, any social moral or duty.

Why should we allow that in Sengkang or any other estates

2015-01-02 14:44

Why do they bid under eternal pure land Pte Ltd?  Will they have won if under Singapore Funeral Services or Life corp?  Hahaha

2015-01-02 15:41

The residents cannot live at peace if columbarium is built, the dead also cannot be at peace in this columbarium because their urns are always move around like how mechanical carparks deliver cars to their owners.

2015-01-02 15:52

Please don built columbarium beside my home please..

2015-01-02 16:16

Quote #280,

"the dead also cannot be at peace in this columbarium because their urns are always move around like how mechanical carparks deliver cars to their owners"

Yup...you are right..even the dead cant be peaceful... those living creature (HDB) only think of themselve, dont even respect the dead soul...by allowing such idea to pass thru ! Do anyone want their late belove ones to be kept in such a disturbance resting place ! 

2015-01-02 19:43

can built columbarium beside istana? canot right? den wana built at our home for wad..

2015-01-02 21:16

Pls pls pls don't build it coz is just too close to my new home .We are staying there for a long time, not a few months..The booklet only stated Chinese Temple so we apply that location. 

2015-01-03 02:43

Build one temple with columbarium beside any of our MP or minister house and see what they say. If they can accept n I will accept.

2015-01-03 02:43

Please relocate the columbarium to other places. Greatly appreciate.

#287 Re:

2015-01-03 04:09

#216: -  

Each of us are responsible for our actions. If you bought a home near columbarium, you agreed to it. but residents here only agreed to a Ct not a commercialized ct with columbarium.

You are not the residents and hence do not understand our anger. we feel cheated and there are many questionable points of the awarding of the bid. Our anger is not with the resale value, cos most of us intend to stay here for long. We just want a comfort place for our new generations.

if you are not a resident, i suggest you spend your free time in other forums. The residents here are already agitated over a scam won by Aust company. please dont agitate us further

2015-01-03 04:13

Guys, sunday 10am..please attend tomorrow

#289 Re:

2015-01-03 04:17

#173: -  

Bishan not good example.

Bidadari estate - the future HDB development is a prime land. And not only it is a former cemetery, this development will be integrated with a new Bidadari funeral parlour that replaces the current Mount Vernon parlours.

2015-01-03 04:54

I still say no to the columbarium.

During Qing Ming and festival pple hogging the carparks, throw their items and candle wax on the floor. HDB can guarantee this won't happen? Sure or not? They already pray and ask ar?

Isn't majority objecting enough to stop building the columbarium. HDB please do something and stick to your previus plan of chinese temple. Since not yet approve the plan, do something good for the residents!

2015-01-03 06:37

I have no meaning to unrespect to the dead. But I really can't accept to live next to a columbarium which might includes cremation service. How can we live comfortably with the smell of burning everyday? Exciment of 2 yrs for moving to new house and living planning made for future totally ruined now.I'm really disappointed with the HDB Board act that never consider our feeling. Examples of Yishun Columbarium & Bishan Columbarium given to support this construction, what I can say is,the residents there bought the property willingly and they know what happened. But we, the residents of Fernvale Lea are totally no idea of this.I believe most of us will not decide to buy this BTO project willingly, if we know that a Columbarium is going to build next to us. Hopefully the government would listen to our plead and find a more suitable plot of land for the columbarium.
Choose a nickname

#292 Subject

2015-01-03 08:47

i think so long HDb hvnt approveplan there is chance. Lets hope after sun they review their decision

tis sun 10 at anchorvale cc

2015-01-03 08:58

I think MOH have to standby to expand the IMH at Buangkok to to take care of residents in Fernvale who have mental stress due to the fear of staying beside the temple with columbarium.

2015-01-03 09:16

Kong Meng San = 200,000 niches.  SengKang West Temple = 90,000.  Wow, this small temple is equivalent to half of Kong Meng San.

#295 Re: Lost 10% of downpayment paid

2015-01-03 09:42

#50: -  

I paid 10% of downpayment. If give up the house, I'll lost all my money...

2015-01-03 09:55

Let's hope the dialog session tml is not just a show but a real caring session to assure residents and future residents. And if there is no chance the columbarium is moving away, hope HDB can make arrangement for those unable to accept living beside one. Please show us that the government really cares for the people. Don't let us lose hope.

2015-01-03 09:57

真是可悲,活人与死人都被骗。天理何在!

2015-01-03 10:07

They won the bid for chinese temple. Ura n hdb still has control to stop e columbarium if they really want. Hope tomorrow at 10 is a good session

#299 Re:

2015-01-03 10:08

#296: -  

Too bad, it can only happen in our dream.........

2015-01-03 10:35

I dont want a columbarium in Fernvale Lea !!!! please help to sign this petition to STOP the developement !