Save Our Schools!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Schools!.

2015-01-15 03:08

Its not fair that we have to be forced to go to a school we dont want to. its my first year at Timken and I want to finish my years there instead of Mckinley

2015-01-15 03:32

It's not right to put the two schools together.
Mimi

#3 My school

2015-01-15 03:35

I came a Timken Trojan i would like to grauate one !!!!!!!!! 

2015-01-15 03:36

I Jacqueline Fontes, sophomore at Timken High School plan on graduate from Timken in 2017!!! Please pass it this petition!!

2015-01-15 03:38

Don't do it because you'll be taking away the programs and a lot of the students do the programs and it's just too much ..

2015-01-15 03:40

i am a timken alumni. i think its a poor decision to merge the schools. the students choose their schools for a reason. many teachers will be layed off. there will be many fights. many students wont accept it and leave. there will be overcrowding.  merging the eca and echs is a bad idea, its never a good idea to mix high school students with middle school students, there have been many fights between the two. timnken highg school is also a long standing high school, it has been in canton for a long time, you cant just get rid of it because it fits your needs and not the students and people of canton

2015-01-15 03:50

I believe we should not combine Timken Senior High School and McKinley High School for many reasons They both are known for one thing McKinley got their football and Timken got their basketball it wouldn't be right to make McKinley have all the fame for football and basketball and many more sport and Timken is known for their education that they had to gain for many years because of all the harsh rumors going around and I believe since we finally got the name we should be able to keep it !

#8 Patricia M

2015-01-15 03:51

I am a 3rd generation grad of Timken Sr. High. I saw the proposal on the news and they say they want to combine the schools but basically get rid of the Timken name, colors and mascot and keep everything of McKinley down to the name. Again its all about McKinley and their history with football. Really? We have our history too, so please sign the petition and pass it around.

2015-01-15 03:52

Why would we need to combine schools if all its gonna cause is dramna??

#10 Re:

2015-01-15 03:55

#4: -  

Right jackie #saveourschool

2015-01-15 03:56

THS holding it down
Dylan Lee

2015-01-15 03:59

its stupid why change now?? it was perfect the way it was and mck football feild is the pro football hall of fame maybe it the new guy who bought the hall of fame but that school is a memorial it shouldnt be change at all.. it was named after are presidant for a reason it would be disrespectful to get rid of it and combine with timken... timken doesnt have a football feild they play at the foot all hall of fame!! Its been like this for years and mck has some of the best sports programs.. granted timken has more academic programs and a tech building but thats why we made the half days I believe it should not be changed at all.. and on top of it I theres so many kids that go to those schools you really want 50+ kids in a class... hell no... to m uhh stupid shit would go on and thats alot of kids teachers have t handle from fighting sleeping ext.. its retarded‪#‎SaveTheSchools

kandyce

2015-01-15 04:08

I am a freshman & I still believe that that Timken and McKinley should not One! It's not right the students should have our say so. We have Great, Fun programs & After School Activites that we like to keep. We Love Timken, & our teachers & Hall monitors. Their the people who mostly believe in us, & helped us with everything. Timken Trojan Should Remain. This school is an GREAT School. I want to graduate as a Timken Trojan class of 2018.

-Kandyce Void 

2015-01-15 04:09

We should get a say so! Not only are you taking our school. But your also taking a place Where some kids feel safe and at home! Free to be themselves. The staff are like family. There are many opportunities at Timken Senior High School. Don't take that away!. -JAZZ 

2015-01-15 04:15

We are two different schools,we should not have to be forced into one school.Why didn't anyone ask a High school student from Timken or McKinley ? When I say none of us want to be merged into one I mean all of us, this is going to destroy our tradition, Mckinley red and black bulldog, Token Blue and Gold Trojan don't destroy a legacy yet hats why it's here to keep moving forward not destroying it down.

2015-01-15 04:22

Save Timken !
Jackie

#17 Re:

2015-01-15 04:24

#4: -  

*graduating

2015-01-15 04:31

Keep timken I bleed blue and gold

2015-01-15 04:51

It's our right as students to keep our school for years to come.. Timken has been here for years and it will stay from years to come. Trojan pride!

2015-01-15 04:53

The schools should stay the same because Timken hasso much to offer our brighter future coming into high school the have cculinary arts,cosmetology,nurse technology, and many more classes you can take there save Timken leave it alone and what are they going to do about massillon mck game if you'd going to call they school mck then that is showing favoritism and that's not fat at all to the kids at all

2015-01-15 05:01

We as Timken students have every right to choose the school we want to go to and us taking a stand will get our pleas heard. I started a Trojan and staying a Trojan. Class of 2016.

2015-01-15 05:01

No we can not do this to the schools. TIMKEN has been here longer and I believe it should stay the way that it is

2015-01-15 05:51

By putting the Freshman at a building (Timken) isolated from upperclassmen it makes them miss opportunities that the freshman have now. They can miss out on being in programs such as band and choir and also miss out in afterschool clubs and activites. Furthermore, when you arent going to school with the rest of the grades you miss out on the whole feeling of highschool. We will have lost freshman transitioning from their middle school to Timken, and then when transitioning to Mckinely having to figure out another whole school only after a year, making lost sophmores. 

2015-01-15 06:14

I don't even go to McKinley or Timken but i know if they put the schools together its going to suck. Just think about it there's going to be a ton of fights and people bullying each other more.

2015-01-15 06:26

Timken shouldn't have to give up there culture. There would be so much wreckage.Both are good schools theres no reason 4 change