SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE

SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE / Announcements / Contact Village Board Members! / Comments

2015-03-07 01:59

Your petition and flyer is filled with lies and intentionally deceptive. I encourage anyone who signs this petition to check into the facts. I am sure the two victims who where attacked by Heidi feel they are being victimized by your crusade to distort the truth. Additionally, the Village offered to have the Bacardi family send the dog out of the Village. Mr. Bacardi did not comply and it was a judge that held him in contempt, not the Village. Nor has the Villages tax dollars been spent on a lawsuit brought against the Bacardi's by the county. Any intelligent resident would know this. Mr. Bacardi defied the judges orders, spent time in jail and it was he who decided Heidi's fate by not complying with the law. Heidi is unfortunately a danger to the community and whether you love dogs or not, we can not allow a dog that is not controlled by its owner to attack residents. If a human being attacked a resident would the signatories demand he or she be able to continue on without liability? Please, lets focus on the truth instead of a family without respect for its neighbors, the law or its own dog dupe all of us.

2015-03-08 17:33

When is the next Hawthorn Woods board meeting? I think that's a good place to voice our opinions about Heidi. Have you contacted the ASPCA? Perhaps they can help.
Jean Bacardi
The author of this petition

#3 Re:

2015-03-15 23:48

#1: -  

Are you making this stuff up, or do you really have a biased and bad source of information?

Your comments clearly reveal that you are on the side of the few that want to persecute and punish us, by killing our dog. 

No matter what lies you believe, the truth is that Heidi is on Death Row, and all the mayor and Board have to do is agree that she can live with ANOTHER owner outside of Hawthorn Woods. The new owner would be found by a professional rescue organization. WE OFFERED THIS SETTLEMENT, IN WRITING, NINE MONTHS AGO.  And you can see from the official check registers how much of the tax payers' funds have been spent on this since.

#4 Re:

2015-03-20 17:25

Seriously, to the person who wrote the first note on this you are out of your mind. Now that the Village knows and many facts have been obtained you are delusional and frankly, as a psychologist, seem to have some issues that you need to deal with as a person. This Village is taking the residents for granted. It is basically robbery. I hope the press gets involved. I hope the board and the mayor get voted out of office. They may be safe for now, but for myself, as a senior citizen, this town is out of control. Before you start slamming others I would suggest you support your argument with FACT. If you cannot support with FACT you lose your case with those reading your rantings and ravings. Seriously, get some help. I think you have some issues with this family or perhaps have FACTS that the rest of the community does not have. If that is the case and you cannot provide them to the Village residents then it leads me to believe that you are not able to talk about it due to a legal issue. Sorry, but, the owners of this beautiful rescue dog have made themselves available at all times of day or night for phone calls, seem to have reasonable evidence and based on this, you lose your case as well as the city. We keep paying to have this linger and it is atrocious. I am glad our home is for sale and we are getting the hell out of here. Something stinks down at the Village and I am glad I have called the newspapers to see if they will put an investigator on the case. Heck, after retirement, I would love to hire an investigator myself to help this family and put into serious question what our Mayor and board are doing besides having coffee and spending our tax dollars. Please, I am available to help you free of charge and I am licensed.

#5 PS

2015-03-20 17:38

I am quite sure the family respects their neighbors. This is a witch hunt. And for anyone on their property without permission well, that is really not the law's problem as this right to be safe in one's home is a Constitutional right. Geez, maybe we should be more concerned why more serious crimes are not published anywhere that anyone in the Village can see. One has to search on line to find out anything that happens here, whether a DUI or a person exposing themselves. Sad. Lake Zurich publishes most of their incidents, why do we as residents deserve the right to know what goes on in this town. And while I feel terrible for the person who may or may not have been trick or treating, were they invited on the property? Was there a sign up? We used to do that. We don't do that anymore. How do we know that anyone was hurt because they freaked the dog out? We don't. Unless you have the FACTS and can support them. At this point, your comments are moot because they are not supported and actually can be considered slander in a court of law if your comments are not true. Please provide information so that it can be fact checked. Anyone who is open to giving their phone number and talking to residents can be taken more seriously than yourself. Unless, again, you are under a lawyer's advisement not to speak to anyone. We will be moving soon, can't wait. We have been living here since the late 70's. I hope the board and/or the Mayor can explain in detail to the press and the residents --- including these tax bills, permit bills, new utility vehicles, and the fact that most of the old section of town was forced to go with the water system to support the newer part of town. Lake Zurich is a better community. This community is going down the tubes. All this family wants is to place the dog in another home. They will drop the suit. Is this Mayor and board that stubborn to not consider the rest of the community?  By the way, I have been bitten three times by my neighbors' dogs. But I don't scream bloody murder for a nip. I would if I was mauled. Maybe we should focus on bigger issues than this. My family is ashamed to live here anymore and want to move to Mundelein or Lake Zurich.

#6 Re:

2015-03-20 19:39

I find it hard to believe that Heidi is the only dog in Hawthorn Woods that has bitten.  I personally know two HW families that have dogs that have bitten for no reason.  I don't feel that destroying an animal is the way to handle this.  There is a big difference betwenn being bitten and being mauled.  I think the mayor and police chief should have more important matters to handle then worrying about a pooch that bit someone.  Or maybe they have to handle a small matter like this because they don't have the ability to handle the big matters.

guest replying to the idiot

#7 Re:

2015-03-21 16:24

Funny, I am an intelligent member of the community and was wondering if money was falling out of the sky to pay for our bills for this community. Of course our tax dollars pay for this. Seriously? Just look at the sad state of this state of Illinois is as well as several counties such as Cook. If you can't find sources of money then then is no money to pay salaries and our bills. Wow, do you think we are all stupid here? Let this dog go to another home and stop this battle. It is not worth the rest of the communities tax dollars as well as time spent working on this.