Sutton: bylaws threaten integrity of the territory!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Sutton: bylaws threaten integrity of the territory!.

2015-04-02 12:20

I agree with all my heart with the statements made in this petition and I believe that the citizens of Sutton have the right to be heard in this case.

2015-04-02 14:48

The total lack of transparency of the process and lack of the demonstrated need for the rezoning, apart from the Mayor's statement that Sutton needs the revenue.

Finally, I believe that about half of the council members or their close relations or families may have a potential financial conflict of interest, something not made clear.

2015-04-03 14:25

I signed for all the reasons cited in the Petition: I would like to add. It is every Citizens responsibility to Protect our Land , Water, Wildlife Habitat , and Biodiversity ! When we look what is happening worldwide, it is imperative that we start by taking protective Action for all Species right here in our own backyard ! The Front-page article in the "Le Guide " Biodiversite : Declin majeure des oiseaux des champ dans Brome Missisquoi " ought to be a Wake Up Call , on what we are doing to our Biodiversity ! The Birds and other Wildlife of the Forests are equally endangered by Habitat Fragmentation ! We simply cannot loose anymore Precious LIFE , by destroying natural areas ! I have lived here on the same spot , for 33 years .[ A small Organic Farm ] In the last several years I have witnessed an alarming Decline in Wildlife : starting with the disappearance of Swallows, very few remaining Red winged Blackbirds . very few Owls ,and all the Species mentioned in the Article ! Further : alarming disappearance of Frogs, Toads, Garter Snakes, Salamanders , even Earth Worms ! and a healthy abundant Bat population !Then Bees, Bumble Bees , Butterflies of all kinds, and the almost complete Wipe out of the Monarch Butterfly ....from hundreds down to ONE last summer. It is Heartbreaking to witness this mostly man made Destruction ! Yes it is not just Habitat loss from fragmentation , it is the moving in of GMO,s in this area and the Pesticides and Herbicides application that goes with Toxic farming. Plus all the People who use Roundup to kill Dandelions.....{ Dandelions are the first food in the spring for Bees and other Pollinators } Also the People who mow their lawns incessantly , no living Creature could possibly thrive on such abused Land ! I know I went a little further on the Main Topic ...just to illustrate to what extent people are destroying Nature ! The Home of all living Beings !
With the hope we can turn this around , and each of us becomes a Steward of the Land I sign ...Johanna Ryffel
P.S. Our Community could become an Example in sustainable Living !

2015-04-05 14:55

Our area contains the largest expanse of unfragmented forest (in private, land trust and public hands) south of the St. Lawrence between the Ontario border and the Rimouski area. It is in our hands by default, the rest having been "tamed". We owe it to our immediate and further down-the-line descendants to treat it as a golden goose giving consumable golden eggs. We have no right to consume the hen, otherwise we would be pissing (or worse) on the aforementioned descendants.
The proposed amendments to the bylaws, therefore the urban plan, are akin to nibbling on parts of the golden goose.
We are of nature, not against it. The proposition needs to be opposed or changed so as not to harm the golden goose.
Jean-Claude Lefebvre

2015-04-10 12:58

We moved to Sutton to enjoy the outdoors, the natural environment and to have much more open space between neighbours.