POR QUE LA UNESCO NO DECLARE LOS TOROS PATRIMONIO DE LA HUMANIDAD

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition POR QUE LA UNESCO NO DECLARE LOS TOROS PATRIMONIO DE LA HUMANIDAD.

EUGENIA

2011-03-24 23:07

this practise is cruelty and very violence!!plisssssssss STOPPPPPPPPP,THIS ABUSE FOR THE ANIMALS!!THE ANIMAL FELLIG!!FELLING PAIN!!

2011-03-24 23:49

STOP AND GO
Krlos

#103 Abolicion

2011-03-25 00:00

No a la tauromafia

2011-03-25 01:13

que les pasa a los de la UNESCO estan locos al aceptar eto como patrimonio, abajo la corrida de toros m....

2011-03-25 01:24

❤La Tortura NO es Arte NI Cultura. Paren ya esta barbarie. Muchas gracias!!! ❤

❤Please, finally end this barbaric practice.
Littlebunny

2011-03-25 01:25

❤La Tortura NO es Arte NI Cultura.❤
ABYROCK

#107 NO PORFAVOR

2011-03-25 01:33

NO PUEDE SER ESTO PORFAVOR PRIMERO DIOS Y LA UNESCO NO SE HAGA REALIDAD

2011-03-25 01:47

Estamos en el siglo XXI. Creo que ya es hora de que el ser humano deje a un lado su ignorancia y que demuestre el progreso intelectual y moral que conforma, junto a su mejora física, su CULTURA. El mundo debe continuar su avance hacia la solidaridad y sensibilidad hacia los seres, racionales inferiores y los irracionales. Así demostraremos que somos verdaderas personas dotadas de inteligencia, bondad y cultura.
MARANDASOL

#109 PORQUE LA UNESCO NO DECLARE LOS TOROS PATRIMONIO DE LA HUMANIDAD

2011-03-25 01:52

Carta a la Sra Duvelle// Letter to Madame Duvelle:

Dear Mrs Duvelle,

I have read in the media the intention of the wealthy and powerful bullfighting lobby of presenting this cruel “fiesta” to be declared UNESCO’s World Intangible Cultural heritage. As declared in the last International Bullfighting Convention Contoromex in Tijuana, Mexico, last summer of 2010, cities as Arles, Nimes, Bezier etc. in France, Madrid, Murcia, Sevilla, and the Asociación Internacional de la Tauromaquia in Spain, as well as the Consejo Nacional Taurino in Mexico, among others, have expressed their intention to apply.

I am writing to you because I believe that before UNESCO can make an assessment it is only fair that you received with regards to this issue reliable information coming from both parties. On the one hand, you will certainly be receiving information from those who support bullfighting, a minority in our countries. But also, you should also receive information from those of us who definitely do not support the torture and killing of an animal for pure entertainment, much less its declaration as a world intangible cultural heritage.

In this respect, all of us signing here would like to express our firmest rejection to bullfighting being declared ICH for, according to article 2 of your own regulation:

1. It is not recognized as such by the majority of the citizens of the cities and countries where it takes place, as the recent ban in Catalonia, Spain, and the already existing ban in Canary Island prove. As prove all the polls made in this respect as the Gallup/IG Investiga one, which states that 67,2% of Spaniards have no interest or totally reject bullfighting. More information here: http://www.slideshare.net/MartaEstebanMiano/spain-and-bullfighting

2. Because it does not comply with the minimum human ethical standards, for it is not ethical to entertain ourselves with a show involving the suffering, the blood and the death of an animal, ignoring and teaching our children to ignore any brisk of empathy or compassion that my grow in the spectators’ hearts.

Likewise, I urge you to admit the International Antibullfighting Network to act as consultant NGO in this respect as article 8 states. We are aware that they have contacted you already in this respect. They count within our group on experts on Veterinary, Law, Sociology, Agronomical Engineering, Journalists, Political parties’ members, that can provide with exact and objective information. They count on my total support.

Finally, I would like to get to you the list of world leaders and celebrities who support our cause, among which I would like to mention the Dalai Lama or Nobel Prize Coetzee, among others.

Dear Mrs Duvelle, I turn to you as the chief of Intangible Cultural Heritage Section. I have read your words when you said: “Each expression of intangible heritage is precious to those that practise it, providing them the very essence of their belonging to their community”. However, bullfighting is for most of Spaniards, French, Portuguese and Latinoamericans, a practice that embarrasses them, that divides them and generates an increasing number of voices claiming for its end.

Please accept my highest considerations

#110 no más violencia.

2011-03-25 02:06

La muerte no es cultura, no más tortura a seres indefensos. No sigan fomentando la violencia.

#111 no más corridas de toros

2011-03-25 02:07

no más corridas de toros, lo que se está fomentando es la muerte, violencia, tortura. Queremos u mundo libre de violencia
Adriana

2011-03-25 02:39

It is hard to believe that some people like bullfights

2011-03-25 02:40

NO A LOS TOROS, ASÍ DE SIMPLE

#114 bulfights

2011-03-25 02:48

its a ctime
Annii

#115 como es posible que lo puedan considerar patrimonio????

2011-03-25 03:04

como bien lo dice el titulo me sorprende mucho que tan siquiera hayan considerado la opcion de que la tauromaquia puede llegar a ser patrimonio de la humanidad¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

2011-03-25 03:12

es uno de los peores maltratos a los animales los seres humanos actuamos como si fueramos los animales y no seres racionales
DANIELMEDINA

#117 NO A ESTA ESTUPIDEZ

2011-03-25 05:21

OSEA, AHORA VAN A PEDIR QUE LA MATANZA DE FOCAS Y BALLENAS TAMBIEN SEA PATRIMONIO DE LA HUMANIDAD? ESTE ES EL PRIMER PASO ASI QUE NO A ESTA ESTUPIDEZ
drime

2011-03-25 05:32

Hasta cuando esta barvarie, este crueldad disfrazada de valentia.

2011-03-25 05:33

Are you crazy!!!!!!! God!!!!
Drako Lobo.

#120 Hagamos patrimonio de las cosas valiosas que nos engrandecen como Humanidad.

2011-03-25 05:42

Creo que la tauromaquia, al igual que muchos usos y costumbres de la humanidad, es algo que debe ser superado. El salvajismo y la barbarie son inequívocamente parte de la historia de la humanidad, pero está en nosotros alentar un futuro donde, lejos de conservar nuestros errores, busquemos ver más allá. Hagamos patrimonio de las cosas valiosas que nos engrandecen como Humanidad.

#121 STOP KILLING ANIMALS JUST FOR FUN OR ¿ART?

2011-03-25 05:47

The humans had an evolution thats why the roman circus desapiers. But what hapent now??? We humans are developend a lot a cientific progress, but we fotget the world doesn't belong to us. We need to take care about all the creatures in the world, if we have to kill them lest do it, with respect, with compationm with care, painless, and just if this is neceserary can be justifide.
Lucho

#122 Please

2011-03-25 06:25

Letter that would go along with your signature to the General Manager of UNESCO Intangible Heritage section, in English below.

En FRANÇAIS CI-DESSOUS

2011-03-25 06:42

por que mejor no matamos a lo toreros...
Ema Tiznado

2011-03-25 06:46

La 'Fiesta taurina' es sólo la demostración de un sado-homosexualismo encubierto. Es no poder reconocer que se es inferior a todos los animales, cuando a leguas lo es. Es no tener la capacidad de conmiserarse, escogiendo al más fuerte, pero abusando de su indefensión.

2011-03-25 06:50

no mas!!!