Keep Thundercracker Exclusive and Recall the Impostor

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep Thundercracker Exclusive and Recall the Impostor.

Elias Weskerson

2011-03-24 08:55

I am not trolling, just got on here. Thanks for backing a fellow transfan up guys (sarcasm). I couldn't expect you all to understand. I am very upset over Dirge and Thrust as well but TC always had more of a special place in my heart. Where will it end? If they revive Animated will Motormaster be next? That's my point lend your support or don't cry when it happens. I'll be on here again tomorrow for some civilized discussion, don't bother if you can't abide. I am the real Elias, accept no substitutes.

I see that resentment has been building here since my last post. I'm truly sorry for what you feel about this but this is for the good of all of us collectors. Greedy corporations should not be allowed to screw with our rights as consumers!

I have consulted with my lawyers and we will continue filing the lawsuit. I have also contacted Hasbro regarding this matter and they should face their responsibilities and stop sending back patronising replies. Here's what I sent them:

Dear Hasbro,
This is Elias Weskerson. I've contacted you in the past regarding my concerns about my Games of Deception exclusive set which I bought from Botcon 2007 and how the release of Generations Thundercracker is seriously hurting the value of said set. From our past correspondences I have not been satisfied by your replies. I am now contacting you to let you know that I am now pursuing legal action against this gross disrespect on your part of my right as a faithful consumer and devoted Transformers fan.

And to make matters clear I'm not interested in selling back my set. This fight is not just about money but principles. Corporations should respect consumer rights and your loose understanding of the concept of "exclusive" clearly offends and disrespects us loyal fans.

The fact of the matter is the Botcon set was promised as an exclusive set and your release of the same characters in the mass market is a huge betrayal for us who spent hard-earned money in this hobby. This is false marketing and we collectors feel duped by this dishonest act.

It is still not too late to make things right.

Sincerely,

Elias Weskerson
Elias Weskerson

2011-03-24 08:56

Elias Weskerson here again. Someone ,from /toy I take it, got onto my original petition pretending to be me and calling out members from various boards. I just want to explain that's not my way and I'm still encouraging those who feel the same to come to my petition tomorrow or any other time to discuss it, rationally.

I haven't heard back yet from Hasbro but expect to soon on this injustice to fans everywhere. If they were releasing Thundercracker then why not the Botcon version, since it was planned from the start? One word, Greed. They knew there would be a release in the next few years and Fun Publications and Hasbro, LLC decided to cash in creating false "rarity" only to gain even greater profit by a general release, devaluing the original.

My lawyer is truly excited at this new revelation, as am I that this may be the truth of the matter. To the few of you supporting keep it up. Keep telling people and this isn't only for my benefit but anyone else who joins in.

Thank you

Sincerely

Elias Weskerson

PEBCAT

#3 Good luck....you're gonna need it.

2011-03-24 11:24

I hope you know that Hasbro is in the business to make toys. They do not and are not involved with any aspect of secondary market value (which is what we collectors/fans put on these toys after it is out of production)nor is it any of their concern. There is no legal reason for them to recall any future Thundercrackers they may release as it does not pose any danger to any child, man, or woman. There may be some gleaming hope for you in that it caused some various flesh wounds thus injuring you and created the need for you to use ex-lax. After all, Thundercracker is a Decepticon, and Decepticons despise humans. Right?

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-03-24 12:28

Aaron Archer
Pawtucket RI

#5 F*ck you Hasbro!

2011-03-24 12:29

All the hardwork we fans and designers put into TFs, and you guys have to go turn it into a business.

I quit. Going to go work for Bandai and design Zords. I'm tired of Robots that actually transform into something recognisible and have more than 5 joints.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2011-03-24 12:35

Harry Baals

#7 I agree

2011-03-24 16:18

I agree with you. When a person has spent that much money on a box set, only to have them turn around and mass release the characters 4 years later, is infuriating. I understand your anger 100% Don't sue for a recall, though. Sue for damages!

Elias Weskerson

#8 Re: What was I thinking,

2011-03-24 16:43

#6: Elias Weskerson - What was I thinking,

Nice shoop you threw up on 4 chan, loser.

2011-03-24 18:40

Anonymous

#10 Re: F*ck you Hasbro!

2011-03-24 19:07

#5: Aaron Archer - F*ck you Hasbro!

Tomy make zoids tard and their part of hasbro... Also bandi mostly make transforming toys in the form of PR junk and Macross.

Mike Rotch

#11 Fuck Hasbro!

2011-03-24 19:20

Yeah! Fuck Hasbro!

Anonymous

#12 Re: Re: F*ck you Hasbro!

2011-03-24 19:23

#10: - Re: F*ck you Hasbro!

Yeah, he said "zords" not Zoids. Learn to read next time you mouthbreathing thundercunt.

Ben D'Over

#13 You da man!

2011-03-24 19:25

You da man, Elias!
Sharon Cox

2011-03-24 19:27

This Fangirl supports you!

#15 Fred McMahon

2011-03-24 19:45

For the moment, let's just say you are serious enough to pay the court and lawyer costs for this and ask the necessary questions you will have to answer in the future anyway.

So, one thing that really will need to be established is intent .. It seems to me this whole situation is born from two groups of people who were clearly not thinking straight, the creators of the set and those who bought it with intentions of financial gains and not personal enjoyment.

First, I will grant the creators should have known that fan demand would sooner or later warrant them finishing off the original jet Decepticons at retail release and that set should have went in a whole different direction than what was given, like they did with most of the rest of the sets though the years. However, it seems their intent in general was to deliver a nice looking set of Transformers befitting the theme of the convention.

Second, the purchasers of said set would fall under two "major" catories of intent, those who purchase for personal enjoyment and those who purchase for profit.

we will talk of the profiteers first. they as wellshould have known the same thing as the creators and used more caution when deciding on said purchase. When making any purchase with the intent of any item there in to be used as an "investment for later financial gain" it has and always will be, Buyer Beware. If a buyer of that set went into it blind without the thought that the main-line named characters would be later released as repaints in the general "classics" set of brands, then I would say they were being negligent in their research and planning before making a purchase meant to be used as an "investment".

Those who bought the set for personal enjoyment I would imagine got exactly what they wanted out of it and probably have no issue with the set. If so it probably fell under mechancial failures I am sure they dealt with the creators and got them rectified. I for one have seen many attendees of said "Botcon" who said they love the set and don't really care about the general release, some also saying they are happy about it and plan to purchase more to add to their own personal collection.

As released it was a very fine set with nice mold choices and good looking paint schemes, clearly a set an attendee would love to display on their shelves or display boxes and relive the good memories of a fun trip for years, the optimal use for memorabilia from a major collectors event.

There are, of course, also those who purchased said set as a non-attender package and without more research one cannot give a relevant breakdown of reasons why those out of convention sets were purchased in the realm of for profit or for enjoyment.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-03-24 20:01

Elias Weskerson

#17 Re: Fred McMahon

2011-03-24 22:49

#15: Guest - Fred McMahon

Hello again all,

I must say you do have a good grasp of most of the situation but you're missing the main point.  They did it on purpose.  It was  clear  to both Hasbro and Fun Pub even Takara-Tomy that a Botcon "exclusive" release of Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust would result in HUGE gains a couple of years later when they "decided to do the fans a favor" and release the Seekers at mass retail.  All it did was fill their greedy corporate coffers even more by firstly creating a rarity and blatant lying on the part of Fun Pub "never to be sold at retail" , then Takara-Tomy with their so called "exclusive"  Henkei releases of Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge, and finally Hasbro with their general releases of sub-par versions of the former figures.

Both my lawyer and myself can clearly see this was planned from the start and there is sufficient ground for my case against them.  They aren't some idiots and don't know fans love these characters and would make a nice profit from them.   They devalued the set to me and thousands of other fans, who are afraid to voice their opinions because of my treatment here and elsewhere.  I for one won't stand for it and I'll shoulder this burden alone if need be but anyone wanting to get in can be reimbursed when we win for their mental anguish and suffering.  It is a class action lawsuit and not soley for my benefit.  It's a matter of principle more than anything,something Hasbro and Fun Publications have forgotten about along with fan commitment and honesty.

In closing I'll say I was considering it back when they released the Henkei versions but this last gross malfeasance just emboldened me to take action for all the fans that have been so callously cast to the wayside over a quick and tidy dollar.   They will have to recall the filthy clone impostor "seekers" and that may make some fans mad but it isn't worth our pride and dedication to the fandom of Transformers.  It is truly worth it to me.

Sincerely

Elias Weskerson

Transformers fan

P.S.   For the record I am not Boardwise, David Willis, or a especially a member of TFW2005-breeding ground of trolls and false fans.  A lot of angry members think this is the case or their own little troll playground.  I'm trying to accomplish something here for all of us wronged, keep your petty remarks and lewdness there where it feeds your black, unfanworthy souls.  You don't deserve to be called Transformers fans if this they way you feel you should act.

Further more you are welcome to look at my legal motion in pdf format at:

http://freepdfhosting.com/0d7fb11dd0.pdf

Now maybe the validity and litigiousness of my case can start sinking into your small minded brains.  I bid you good day now.

Fred McMahon

#18 Heh

2011-03-24 23:20

well hell while you are at it, why don't you throw on a side suit for malicious packaging practices of case assortments, maybe if you do a little something to make it seem like its not all about yourself and your wallet and make them face another issue that effects Everyone, maybe you'll get a little more respect and support.

However this would have to be integrated with your desired recall, is up to your lawyer I guess. Which does leave me with another thought, your expecting the TC's to actually hit the stores it seems, which as we well know with the last movie toy buildup the other toys release before never saw stores in most areas just like any RTS past wave 1 and the last of the Generations this year, so your competition for sales isn't gonna be as bad as you think.
John Mallamas

#19 Incase you missed my words of wisdom

2011-03-24 23:47

Niggers are not human.
Mar 24, 2011, 23:44

At least we know that the sub-human minorities won't be able to afford either version. Unless they steal it, as niggers and spics are wont to do. I'm just glad to know that they'll all die out soon. That's why our God created AIDS in the first place. He knew that niggers, muslims and spics would never be able to stop raping each other and would kill themselves out. I'm certain that God will let us cure AIDS as soon as all the niggers, spics and muslims are dead. Especially our nigger/muslim president. If I had a chance I'd kill him myself.
-John(Jin Saotome) - www.jinsaotomesdangeroustoys.com
Randal Graves

#20 Re: Incase you missed my words of wisdom

2011-03-24 23:57

#19: John Mallamas - Incase you missed my words of wisdom

I'm missing something. Are you saying Elias or Thundercracker is a nigger?

What is a true fan?

#21 Elias, some true words of wisdom, that should make you think...

2011-03-25 02:00

Elias, your lawyer is taking you for a "ride". While Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust were a part of the Botcon '07 set, they were never officialy called classics figures. Moreover, classics line ended back in '07. You would have a case if Hasbro and FunPub had a certain amount of Botcon sets unsold, left in storage after the convention, which they then released on the mass market.

The way things are now, Generations Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust are not the Botcon Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust. If you take a good look at all of them, you can clearly see the difference between the Generations figures and their Botcon counterparts, moreso in the case of Dirge and Thrust who are completely different molds altogether. The difference should be clear to every true fan, of which you claim to be one.

You're basing your case on what? The names Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust that the mentioned figures share? Those names are Hasbro's copyrighted material, and they can use them as they see fit. By your logic no new figures sporting these names should have been released at all in all subsequent transformers toylines. Hasbro has every right to release new figures based on the seeker mold and with the names Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust.

Hasbro has not damaged the exclusivity of the '07 Botcon set, because Generations Dirge and Thrust do not look the same at all like the Botcon Dirge and Thrust. Generations Thundercracker, apart from the mold used to make it, shares nothing else with Botcon Thundercracker. They don't have same shade of blue, red or white, nor are those colors painted or used in the same pattern on both figures. Even a lame man who takes a good look at them will spot the difference.

My advice to you Elias, is to fire your lawyer. He's taking you for a milk ride, with you being the money milking cow. Ask for second opinion, and be sure to point the lawyer you will be talking to next to this post. I think this post will clarify the whole issue to someone not familiar with the matter at hand, if you're not able to explain it correctly.

2011-03-25 03:26

2011-03-25 03:48

Spud

2011-03-25 04:41

Elias, stop pretending like you're a huge martyr here. It's a fucking toy. Contrary to what you think, Hasbro had no intention or plans to release a mass-retailer Thundercracker/Dirge/Thrust when they did BotCon 2007. The reason they let FunPub do them in the first place was because they didn't know if they were going to have the opportunity to revisit classics, so they just let them do it so people would at least have the others in some capaacity. Guess what? They had the opportunity to do it later. And out of respect for those that attended BotCon, Hasbro gave Dirge and Thrust new wings, and all three of them a new paintjob. They didn't maliciously plan this out in advance. If anything, this was an instance of neglecting to plan 4 years ahead. And frankly, that's not worth getting your panties in a wad.

Seriously, all you're doing is just trying to keep other like me from getting a Thundercracker without busting my bank account. This isn't about you. This is about the thousands of fans like hat entered the fandom after the movies came out. I'd like to pay $12 for one instead of forking over $250+ for an exclusive. You're one of an insane few. Very few people that have the BotCon set are upset about this. Most of them had a good chuckle over it, and responded with a "oh well". All you're doing is shooting the fandom in the foot and giving us all a bad name.

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2011-03-25 04:46