Keep Thundercracker Exclusive and Recall the Impostor

/ #15 Fred McMahon

2011-03-24 19:45

For the moment, let's just say you are serious enough to pay the court and lawyer costs for this and ask the necessary questions you will have to answer in the future anyway.

So, one thing that really will need to be established is intent .. It seems to me this whole situation is born from two groups of people who were clearly not thinking straight, the creators of the set and those who bought it with intentions of financial gains and not personal enjoyment.

First, I will grant the creators should have known that fan demand would sooner or later warrant them finishing off the original jet Decepticons at retail release and that set should have went in a whole different direction than what was given, like they did with most of the rest of the sets though the years. However, it seems their intent in general was to deliver a nice looking set of Transformers befitting the theme of the convention.

Second, the purchasers of said set would fall under two "major" catories of intent, those who purchase for personal enjoyment and those who purchase for profit.

we will talk of the profiteers first. they as wellshould have known the same thing as the creators and used more caution when deciding on said purchase. When making any purchase with the intent of any item there in to be used as an "investment for later financial gain" it has and always will be, Buyer Beware. If a buyer of that set went into it blind without the thought that the main-line named characters would be later released as repaints in the general "classics" set of brands, then I would say they were being negligent in their research and planning before making a purchase meant to be used as an "investment".

Those who bought the set for personal enjoyment I would imagine got exactly what they wanted out of it and probably have no issue with the set. If so it probably fell under mechancial failures I am sure they dealt with the creators and got them rectified. I for one have seen many attendees of said "Botcon" who said they love the set and don't really care about the general release, some also saying they are happy about it and plan to purchase more to add to their own personal collection.

As released it was a very fine set with nice mold choices and good looking paint schemes, clearly a set an attendee would love to display on their shelves or display boxes and relive the good memories of a fun trip for years, the optimal use for memorabilia from a major collectors event.

There are, of course, also those who purchased said set as a non-attender package and without more research one cannot give a relevant breakdown of reasons why those out of convention sets were purchased in the realm of for profit or for enjoyment.