CONVINCE CROSSFIT TO REMOVE PHOTO EDUCATE AND APOLOGIZE

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition CONVINCE CROSSFIT TO REMOVE PHOTO EDUCATE AND APOLOGIZE.

2015-07-01 14:34

My granddaughter has type 2 and it has NOTHING to do with sugar intake If anyone has any doubts ask thier physian or pharamcist

Type 1 outrage

2015-07-01 16:03

I've been type 1 diabetic since I was 14 (and I was super skinny and didn't drink sodas regularly). I did nothing to cause this and the fact that they are so uneducated as to say that type1 can become type 2 is beyond ignorant and ridiculous!!

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-07-02 01:46

2015-07-02 14:59

As a type 1 this has upset be considerably. We work hard enough to educate those around us and this ignorance has set us back.

2015-07-02 17:00

This offends diabetics. Most of us can't help that we got diabetes, even type 2 diabetics. Crossfit is insensitive and ignorant.

2015-07-03 13:56

i have many close friends affected by t1 and t2 diabetes, and i find this to be extremely offensive, rude, and overall jackassish. this is totally a bitch thing to do, and it needs to be apologized for, not explained or fought for.
Type_1_Bug (on instagram)

2015-07-03 18:27

They are rude and I can't beleive how rude they were to us. We did NOTHING to deserve what we have to go through daily. They have NO idea and if they would step into our shoes they would NEVER get as far as we are. I am outraged. I suggest everyone (Diabetic or not) signs this petition because they have hurt people. They think this is a joke?!?! NO this is a serious diesease and its not a laughing matter. It also bugs me how some diabetics think its funny. I mean really?!?!?! Its a serious matter. Crossfit needs to be educated and needs to apologize. 

2015-07-04 04:43

My 13 year old, athletic daughter was recently diagnosed with T1D this is something children that don't fully understand the autoimmune disease don't need to see.
Derek Conradt
Churchville

#9 Excuse me?

2015-07-04 06:36

I was so infuriated by Crossfit for saying such a BS thing. Is there even ANY scientific knowledge put behind this statement whatsoever? This appears to be ignorance you'd find in someone uneducated about said topic. So I guess I can also so Crossfit actually causes obesity and my statement is automatically correct even though there was no study or research put into this. Sounds legit to me.

2015-07-04 14:37

Because its BS that they can make fun of people with diabetes, before they even know anything about it!

2015-07-04 15:31

I want the apology for not handling this situation well. Their media people couldve handled this a lot better than they did. As an 18 yr old diagnosed about a month and a half after my birthday (diagnosis at end of nov) i was upset because they made diabetes a lot easier to get. It does take time for t2 to develop but for t1 like me, who knows. These were not well thought out posts from crossfit.

#12 stupid

2015-07-04 15:42

I signed it because the modern media is already misled enough and doesn't need some stupid exercise account to tell us how "you did this to your self". That is god awful stupid and inaccurate.

2015-07-04 15:45

i signed it because their ignorance offends me, and they need to apologize to everyone that they have hurt

2015-07-04 15:55

This is a great petition. I think it is awesome that type one diabetes is being stood up for! And I cannot believe a trainer that works for people to get in shape would say that

2015-07-04 18:42

My friend Macey has t1 and nobody deserves to live the way she does! I will help her and others find a cure and I won't let anyone make fun of her diabetes! 

Abs

#16 CrossFit

2015-07-04 18:54

I am a T1D and CrossFit have offended all of us!!! Take them down! They need to be educated and apologize for their stupidity.

2015-07-04 20:28

Long story short, Crossfit is offending people, putting false facts in people's heads, and being jerks.

#18 Crossfire needs to get educated

2015-07-06 23:31

look you think that's how it's called but is not okay and some day this could be you and you wouldn't like it either or it could be your child and you would understand and it's so late to appologize so just take it down that's all we want

2015-07-07 02:21

The ad does a disservice in aiding the general public's understanding of BOTH type one and type two diabetes by linking the the two in this way. The ad is insensitive and that matters to many.

2015-07-07 14:32

Because CrossFit is extremely ignorant and needs to help us educate instead of pushing us back 5 years with their uneducated and very hurtful comments. Parents of type 1 children are coming out swinging because we watch what our children, friends or family members go through on a daily basis. We won't stop fighting, not ever!! Until a CURE is found.........

2015-07-12 15:22

Because I find this very offensive that they did not say what type and that enforces the stereo type that you get dabetes by eating too much sugar

#22 Crossfit is bs

2015-07-13 17:53

Crossfit is horrible. They need to get out of the medical world and back into there "let's all have perfect bodies" world.

2015-07-22 01:47

Cross fit is being insensitive to all diabetics, type one and type two alike. You aren't educating anyone, you're only making yourself look ignorant.