Say No Too Save Loved Ones Items!!.. Whitchurch Cemetery!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say No Too Save Loved Ones Items!!.. Whitchurch Cemetery!!.

2015-07-02 11:00

please share this should not be happening

2015-07-02 12:17

This is wrong why can't we put what we want on our loved ones grave. As long as it's tidy what's the problem.!

2015-07-02 12:25

I dont want my mothers grave stone touched by any one other then family I dont think its right having people dictate what we can have or cant have to remember our loved ones

2015-07-02 14:43

I know I now live in Herefordshire but I am from Whitchurch area and have relatives buried in Whitchurch Cemetry
Barbera

2015-07-02 14:49

Grammer is dreadful. This makes embarrassing reading

2015-07-02 19:43

my baby is at this cemetery and I find it too painful to visit, I only go on the anniversary and put artificial flowers on his grave so they last the year. please do not remove them..

2015-07-02 19:47

Think its wrong that they take off people's graves should be able to have what the want as they should be their to be left in peace we pay enough to have them buried their so why can't we put ok what we want on our loved ones grave cruelty is an understatement

2015-07-02 20:40

Why can't we put what we want on someone we love's grave. It shows respect and that we still care. 

Mh x

#9 Re:

2015-07-02 20:44

#5: Barbera -  

Nothing embarrassing about someone who cares, someone who has passion and is fighting for the right thing. If anything, you are the embarrassment. 

#10 Re:

2015-07-02 23:03

Does it matter? There fighting for what we all want. You can clearly see what it means and what it's for ........

2015-07-02 23:06

Absolutely outrageous!!! Who do they think they are removing our personal belongings from our lost family!!

2015-07-03 07:22

I think it is disgusting to remove items of loved ones you have put on there graves , its your way of showing your love as they no longer here to tell them , .... please let these people grieve in private in stead of fighting the system , it really is not humane to treat people like this , the living or the dead xx
Face palm.

#13 Re:

2015-07-03 07:51

You should look at your own English writing skills before criticising others.

#14 Re:

2015-07-03 07:58

Grammar .. Look at your own before commenting about other peoples!

Jay

2015-07-03 08:04

I think this is completely outrageous the fact that they think they have the power to tell you not to leave flowers/gifts for loves ones. I'm sure they would feel as upset if they couldn't leave flowers for a loved one, i personally don't think there is anything wrong with doing it, they need to get a grip.. Just a suggestion though, maybe propose to look after your own plot? So then they have no right to touch it and say what you can and can't do? X

2015-07-03 09:01

This is disgusting and I have many loved ones up there and we should b able to put what we want on their graves!! We've paid for it!!!
whyarepeoplesorude!

#17 Re:

2015-07-03 09:03

rude! Don't read it then, if your not going to say anything supportive then jog on! Are you on the committee.

2015-07-03 14:36

have lots of family at rest in Whitchurch cemetery ,artificial flowers last as the rabbits dont eat them ,the wind blows like a hurricane up there so little fences help to keep graves tidy ...leave our graves alone !!!!

#19 Re: Re:

2015-07-03 19:29

#17: whyarepeoplesorude! - Re:  

clearly is someone off the comitee or just a heartless person either way if they r bothered by it y read it.... Silly people 

2015-07-03 19:48

I have family here let them rest in peace please

2015-07-03 21:09

This is wrong

2015-07-04 15:49

This is so disrespectable to do this to our loved ones graves... Don't forget whitchurch town council WE pay your wages via our council tax payments and when we put personal items on the graves it brings us the people left behind just a tiny bit of comfort so please don't take this one thing we have away from us, imagine what it is like to not be able to give gifts and flowers for birthdays mothers days fathers days and Christmas how would you like it? So by putting gifts etc on our loved ones graves helps us feel we are still gifting that special lost loved ones in some small special way.. please whitchurch town council respect our loved ones graves.I am a Whitchurch resident who has several family members and friends buried in the cemetery and my daughters friend Jamie who passed away only ten years old his grave is beautifully adorned with their family memories and gifts for him so please just leave all the graves alone!!

2015-07-06 14:54

Because we have loved ones buried here.

2015-07-10 18:32

I am in full agreement with you .are family are having problems with them too can I ask did you receive the rules and revulsion when you bought your plot because we have buried 5 family members and have never received the rules I think they are doing what they want to do not only that if board member are part of a rolfies then they rule

2015-07-11 13:17

My family has gone through hell because of the board of Whitchurch Cemetery and the fact that the Rolfe's Family who seem to think that they are running the Cemetery so they have started a witch hunt against other Funeral homes going about the difficult business of dealing with grieving families which is disgusting. Families are grieving and going though hell which is enough without the added pressure of waiting for a headstone to go on to the grave after burial and its a long wait anyway so it is hard but when egos get in the way of that process its wrong on so many levels. Also to be told what you can and can't put on to a family members grave is in my opinion got nothing to do with them in any way because the family lease or own the plot, families should continue to put what hey want on to there family member grave and if it gets removed put a full and total complaint in to Shropshire Council and sue them as I have said to the secretary of the board and she had no reply to give me on that point .