In Support of Celine Curran

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition In Support of Celine Curran.

2011-07-13 07:06

Celine Curran is an exemplary educator that we love respect and admire and to whom we owe a debt of gratitude. Her bright and infectious spirit is a hallmark and pillar of Sacred Heart Education. The manner in which she was dismissed is shameful and the decision by administrators to dsmiss her with ZERO celebration of her many years of service is mean spirited and cowardly. I support a new initiative to invoke a celebration of her service to the Sacred Heart community this winter in order to properly and publically thank her for her service to our daughters and the community.

2011-07-16 20:20

Although I am not a parent, I am an alumni of the school. I started when I was 2 years old, when the school had a PreK program. I left Broadway 15 years later when I graduated from the high school. Needless to say, I have a vested interest in the school. As an alumni, I am extremely dissappointed with the decision to not renew Celine's contract and frankly, am disgusted by how the adminstration is handling the situation. I will NOT be contributing to the annual fund under this current administration, nor will I be promoting the school to prospective students. I hope that the current parents can effectively work with the Board and demand change.

2011-07-31 08:16

Here is another attempt for me to be heard. We have close to a thousand members on Facebook, called meetings to protest with representatives from each grade, sent countless letters, all to get the attention of a place where I am a paying customer of 33K plus a year. Of course Stuart Hall went bankrupt.

2011-07-31 08:23

Celine was incredibly kind to our family while we were at Convent

2011-07-31 23:24

There may be 100+ signatures. BUT Some are duplicates. Some are spouses. Many are not parents. Some probably weren't giving anyway. The impact as presented is inflated ... and doesn't it consist of people shooting themselves and their children in the foot? Why is that something to be proud of? Not only that but also ... there are many more than 100 people out there who have already cut off support and contact with Schools of the Sacred Heart - Broadway because of the way they themselves or their children or other people they know have been treated by Celine. There are at least two sides to this story.
disgusted

2011-08-01 20:29

While appreciating the strong sentiments on both sides regarding Celine (and there are absolutely two perspectives), this effort to withdraw support is nothing but destructive to the school and more importantly the young women who attend. One individual does not make or break a 100 year old institution but this exercise very well might. As a new family at Convent we can only hope that the students and faculty are better behaved than some of these petulant parents.

2011-08-03 07:59

@ disgusted ... you rock! I couldn't have said it better myself.